Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Public Consultation on new PV guidelines in the Solar PV Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. whinmoor

whinmoor Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Medoria Solar
    So, there's now another 138 page draft document out for public consultation with responses due in by 7th November.

You can read the article on SPP website, click through to the IET website, add your details and access the pdf.

I haven't read the whole document yet but it seems very comprehensive. Sometimes it states the blindingly obvious (e.g. Commercially-sized string inverters are larger than their domestic counterparts...") and some of the diagrams are a bit basic.

There doesn't appear to be any changes to methods of measuring shading and the delay of introducing MCS012 seems to have been ignored (page 101). I like the bit about the effect of shading on bypass diodes (page 19). That could improve system designs nationwide.

Any other thoughts....?

SEUK: IET opens public consultation on new PV guidelines | Solar Power Portal

2. TedM

TedM Electrician's Arms

I looked at 3 pages at random and they are full of typos - including one where the word "not" has been omitted.

I do question that there is any real need for this document given the MCS one that already exists. If Martin Cotterell thinks that the MCS guide is out of date then surely the best appraoch would be to update it (it would need to be done anyway) rather than come out with a totally separate document.

Perhaps MCS want to be shot of the responsibility of updating their version and doubtless the IET document will not be free?

3. The Solar King

The Solar King Electrician's Arms

Started a thread in the Green Lounge on this.