Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Public Liability Insurance in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I’m looking at getting my Public Liability sorted, whilst I wait to get a Mates job. Can anyone recommend a company please?

2. anthonybragg

anthonybragg Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    CHARLTEC ELECTRICAL LTD
    Towergate I think its called, but just ring around and make sure you are comparing like for like. Trade Direct is another one we have used. what type of work do you want insuring for?This isn't just for your mates job is it?

• Like Like x 2
  3. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

It will be mainly for mates jobs as a few I’ve seen have asked about being self employed and registered as a ltd company. So I would assume that I would need public liability insurance, it’s more for piece of mind.

4. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

I used Hixcox in the past, pay monthly for PLI.

5. Intoelectrics

Intoelectrics Regular EF Member

Like all insurances they are a waste of money until you need them. But when you need them you want to be sure you are covered for what you or a third party are claiming for. If they have to pay out any substantial amount they will go through the claim with a fine tooth comb (trust me from experience). Its worth making sure you get the insurance policy you need to cover all aspects of the work you are doing. Insurance companies will go to great lengths to avoid paying out, especially if its a cheap policy.

Read the small print! You do often get what you pay for.

6. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I'm with Arthur J Gallagher, as they work with Stroma.

Previous to that I used Simply business as a broker.

7. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

Towergate , PL+indemnity.

• Like Like x 1
  8. richy3333

richy3333 Forum Mentor

Trade direct for me for the EL.PL,Professional Ind, tools etc. Regardless if you are ever concerned about a scenario ring the provider up. I had to take a small boat to an Island and asked them to confirm in writing if my tools would be covered in the event they went overboard. They were happy to confirm the case FOC.

• Like Like x 1
  9. markc123

markc123 Forum Mentor

Hiscox PL EL PI and Tools for me.

End of the day, ring round, make them battle for your signature play them off against one another.

Insurance companies are all the same at the end of the day, happy to take your money but make it a ball ache if you ever want to claim something through them.

• Like Like x 1