Discuss PV Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently building a house and intend on doing all the wiring myself. My electrical company has NICEIC approved contractor status but we don't do solar works so just need a nudge in the right direction.

What system do you recommend and best place to source it? There's so much conflicting opinions on which system but I just need something small around 2kW or above that's going to be reliable and well priced.

Thanks.

I believe if you intend claiming the RHI payments the system will need to have been designed and installed by a MCS acredited Installer.

Hi Dean,

We'd be happy to assist with this. It's not too far from Wakefield to Preston and we have experience of working on new builds. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks guys. Like I say we're already NICEIC contractors so what it will cost in getting MCS accreditation against getting a contractor in it makes more sense to get that myself and add another string to the bow.

At the moment the roof is going on the house and whilst the scaffolding is up I want to get panels on etc. so need to decide on the actual system.

Has anybody used the 2.0kW Intenergy PV kit? It seems to have good reviews online but I know online reviews aren't always to be trusted.

You're looking at four figures to get MCS accredited and a whole heap of QMS paperwork. You'd need to review your insurance as it may not include PV work. Whether it's worth it depends on how many PV jobs you anticipate doing each year in the future.

Can't comment on the kit you mention - never used it.

Reply to PV Advice in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net