Discuss PV Solar Output 4K System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Solartrench

Hello Everyone,

My first post here and I would like to say what a great forum! :)

Found loads of useful information and this has helped me choose the right system and I now have a 4KW system up and running since last Friday 27th Sept.

I'm looking for links so I can compare my system with others around my area (South Yorkshire) to get a feel as how my system is operating.

At the moment I have found only 2 to compare on the pvoutput.org website near where I live, it would be appreciated if any of you guys could post links to your system outputs similar to mine.

My System consists of 6 Panels facing S/E and 10 Panels S/W

Many Thanks
Andy

Try PVOutput.org and search "latest outputs" by postcode.
http://www.pvoutput.org/list.jsp?userid=6909

But bear in mind that the add-on energy monitors giving the automated data uploads don't always report the true production for one reason or another, so if a system on PVOuput seems too good to be true it's probably not reporting the correct values.

Also look at the University of Sheffield Solar Farm:
http://www.microgen-database.org.uk/solarinput

The Solar Farm folk only want the readings from the generation meter because that's the most accurate (and as above: many add-on devices and monitors are not as accurate as we'd like).

Last edited by a moderator:
The Inverter is Samil [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SolarRiver 4000TL - it does have history so I can see how my system is performing. The problem being it's in my loft and not too easy to access.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was hoping the inverter had wifi, but I have checked the Serial number and mine doesn't start with SW :/ [/FONT]

There are various monitoring devices available. Some connect to Internet whilst others simply sit on the coffee table. Read this forum for more info.

There's won't have been much to measure today. Grey clouds and chucking it down most of the day in Yorkshire. You may have scraped 1kWh.

And the Geo Chorus PV as well as the Elios4you.

I have the Geo chorus PV that Worcester recommended its very easy to setup for a home user without any tools at all and includes everything need for installation. It’s for a sale on Amazon

The Elios4you really needs a solar installer or electrician to install as you will be exposing live wires when you open up your fuse board/trip switch’s

Both give you about the same information the main part being basically how much power is being generated & if you are importing or exporting to the grid in real time

The geo chorus pv £229inc vat & free to install with free display

Elios4you (basic kit) £288 inc vat plus round £50 to install need mobile Tablet for display.

If you have an immersion heater/hot water tank the Elios4you will suit you better (additional cost) but will let Andy tell you more

Both can be monitored on the web and google or apple app

I have used the Solar-Log 200 Wi-Fi in the past. It support a wide range of solar Inverters and there are lots of android and Apple apps available which are much better than the supplied software.

Its shows real time data but doesn’t show you if you are importing or exporting from the grid

I thought it did? If it shows power generated - power being used the surplus is exporting to the grid?

Yes it shows generated but how do you measure surplus? Example generated 3kwh but you use the washing machine 2kwh surplus = 1kwh

But how do you work out if the washing machine heated the water for 5 min@30c then heated the water later @40c then rinse without heat on to the full spin through its cycle? That’s just 1 device

The eco & elios4you does the maths for you that’s why they cost more.

The Elios4you can divert surplus energy to your immersion heater and both the Geo & Elios4you will be able to remotely power 4 devices in the home soon at extra cost

I am a member of the public with my own (homesun) free installation so I am not a solar installer or electrican. I went for the Geo because it comes with a small screen and didn’t need any tools to be installed.

I want to try the Elios4you but will need jason121 help to install it for me.

Reply to PV Solar Output 4K System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net