Discuss Quality Advertising in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Slowhand

I got a call from a well known internet trades advertising company that guarantee's the quality and bona fides of all the people they have on their site. They wanted me to pay them to put my business on their site. 2,000,000 hits a day, we'll guarantee your turnover will double in 12moths or your money back in full. Join our scheme and your customer will be delighted, you can't go wrong with us.
I said l thought my customers would be happier if l belonged to a scheme like nic or eca.
That's a load of B*****ks he said, they don't have a clue.
what about checking my work, qualifications, insurance etc?
Not bothered!
So I pay you and I'm in?
Yes, just put photos of your previous work on the site and you're away.

Quality company!

Advertising and promotion is a mined field, and these companies know it thats why the charge. But every business is different, and a global trade website may not suit, what you want from your business. For commercial work, they are a total waste of money, as you will never pass the PQQ unless you are already approved by the construction company or local council.....For domestic and joe public, then check a trade etc...will be a fight for the best price, and still a charge for bidding. So question is what sector do you require to be in....then decide your next move. Once decided you will find, advertising can be actually free or very cheap

My point was more along the lines of they weren't interested in whether l was qualified, competent and able to do the work to the required standard but more send us a cheque and you're in.
Very misleading for the general public and morally wrong.
Just another money making scam.

Your post was just as misleading .....but can see your point. Most of these companies are based in Germany, and they love to take your hard earned cash

^^ I see what you mean about my post, I was trying to be sarcastic about them.
IMHO they are just as bad as the Electrical Trainee course providers, not concerned about the end result, they just want your money.

Reply to Quality Advertising in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net