Discuss Query with 2 blue and brown wires in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dazza0

DIY
Reaction score
Hi There

I am a diy type of guy and I am changing a ceiling rose at the top of my stairs

All others in house I have been fine with but this 1 is making me think twice and ask first,

It currently has 2 brown and 2 blue wires plus and earth photo attached,

And the light fitting has only 3 spaces with 1 blue and 1 brown plus metal earth

What is the best way to join these up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Kind 031C55D1-BBD6-4DEB-BEB1-2A1FE5C6EBB8.jpeg9AAA28F8-CCB1-4CA2-990E-967D2E13E01C.jpeg031C55D1-BBD6-4DEB-BEB1-2A1FE5C6EBB8.jpeg

Are there two lights that come on together?

OK, so the two cores from the ceiling itself can just be doubled into the screw terminal. All brown, all blue, all green.

Reply to Query with 2 blue and brown wires in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, hope all are well. I'm changing a ceiling rose and have lost the diagram showing where everything was connected (to the old light)...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I really hope someone will be able to help. So last night I tried to change 2 ceiling rose / pendant lights at my mother in laws...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for DIY electrical advice. I have 7 x spots, and each are fitted with 1 x T&E connector block fitting [see photo]. In the past...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a terminal on the wall with 2 blue wires, 2 brown and a copper one (Photo 1), and I would like to connect a lamp which has 1 black...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock