Discuss Quiet tonight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think I'd be having a read if there was one!
Wonder how it copes with the old Ghost Voltages?
well that was the reason i wanted an analogue instrument....we will have to see how it gets on...
the guy has assured me that you can use it as an attenuator to get rid of stray voltage in cable....or something like that...

its an `eagle` mm125 and i`v been assured from the guy selling it that its the dogs balls....he was a lecturer in electronics at Kitson a while ago...

My dad had a few of these back in the day.
He was a BT engineer, I will try and see if they are still at the back of his garage.
I used them alot when I was a kid, but seem to remember the battery died and being hard to replace

Bt used these

and these
$(KGrHqN,!n0FCrsvdDGSBQ4GWmkTYw~~60_58.JPG
$(KGrHqR,!kwFCotofP7mBQ4LEKgmkQ~~60_58.JPG

Re: Quiet tonight

Well it is like a graveyard here Today, jeez, no humour at all, Wheres, Glenn, Tel, Tony, Onions, Trev Marc, Geordie and everyone else?

This should liven things up:

I'm an apprentice plumber and am going to change my consumer unit at the weekend with one from Thailand. I'm going to do it live and hope for the best wearing my Marigolds. I'm struggling to put up my new wall lights so have cut off all the earths and will be putting everything into a big junction box under the floor. Last time I fixed my socket with some new 1.0 flex I cut off the twirly metal string from the big fuse by the meter and threw it away, but now I can't get the cracked brown fuse out despite trying to lever it out the handle of a spoon. Should I get my mate Bob from the pub to sort this? He says he fixes these all the time for a monkey and can cut my bill in half at the same time. I'm thinking of becoming a sparks on a 5 week course. Seems like a good deal to me.

Yes love it, but would be better if you started a new Thread, I did that last week and they moved it to the arms, Sigh, whats happening around here, by the way marigolds are fine, but they need to be yellow IMO :hand:

Reply to Quiet tonight in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net