• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Radio Controlled Boat in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That looks like fun!!

Many years ago I had the intention of building a model cabin cruiser and bought a fibreglass hull that was about 3 feet long, but ended-up building a 3 1/2" gauge model steam locomotive instead ........ :freak:

The boat never did get built and I can't remember what happened to the hull.

Last year I was toying with the idea of getting a radio controlled model Spitfire, but that was as far as it went .

I do love my RC stuff it has to be said. got the boat, a heli, a car and 2 trucks. cars and trucks have nitro engines. The truck engines have been stripped and retuned. absolute animals. top out about 57mph with my current gearing still breaking them in. should reach nearer 65 when all running right

That’s ace! How long will the battery last? And is there any warning just before it runs out?
Used to have a RC helicopter until I bounced it of my neighbours conservatory one night and smashed it to pieces. Mind you…. Her indoors recons that had more to do with pilot error than the manufacturers cost driven compromises which is what I blamed it on…lol

I've got an oversized battery in it, so should be good for 10-12 mins ish. not really any warning before it conks out, but does get slower to turn and respond.

someone needs to invent a remote control missus.....
;-)

With an old mobile phone, some soldering, endless amounts of tinkering, some servos and a Arduino Uno, you might be able to control her from an ipad. Just can't think of a way to overcome the time delay problem between the devices. I’m going to search the internet. Someone has bound to have done it already. If not, we are onto a winner here….lol

duct tape is cheaper though. no electronics to go wrong.

Very true Tel! It looks like loads of people have had a go at a remote control for a woman and someone thought they’d cracked it but they failed. She kept answering back. And even with duct tape you can still hear the “Mmmmm Mmmmm”
That’s that dream out of the window then! :wink:

Yeah but before the duct tape went on Mmmm Mmmm sounded a bit like No No. :eek:mg_smile:
Seriously though, you might be able to do the conversion if your boat works on 2.4Ghz.

The time delay problem needs more thought. Any chance you could post up some close-up pictures of the remote control and the boat? Edit: Sorry, just spotted it was a Joysway Super Mono X from your first post. I will look up the spec on the net.

Last edited:
My brother built boats, planes, helicopters, a few petrol engined buggies (Baja) and I loved them. His friend also had a fantastic plane that was his pride and joy and I begged him to let me have a go. It was all going so well until I lost control of it and it hurtled into a copse of trees and smashed into a million pieces. Of course I got the "never trust women with anything mechanical" blurb. Luckily, he didn't bear a grudge and still let me drive his brand new Mini 1275GT. :17:

It’s a bitter pill to swallow when you see hundreds and sometimes thousands of pounds of your cash break into pieces in the blink of an eye.
Spoke to someone in the know. My ipad controlled boat idea is pretty much dead in the water unless it was something like a sailing boat that gingerly doodled along.

Reply to Radio Controlled Boat in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back