Discuss Re-wire or upgrade earth bonding? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

We once rewired a house that had no CPC to anything. 1.5mm twin (no CPC) to lights, 4mm twin (no CPC) to sockets and 10mm twin (no CPC) to cooker. Mind, that was stranded tinned copper in grey sheath, not white??

We once rewired a house that had no CPC to anything. 1.5mm twin (no CPC) to lights, 4mm twin (no CPC) to sockets and 10mm twin (no CPC) to cooker. Mind, that was stranded tinned copper in grey sheath, not white??

Hi Guys

Sorry, my eyes have been deceiving me!

Only the bathroom cabling is white sheath, the rest (sockets, switches etc) is grey sheath with red & black twin multi strand copper.

I suggest you get at least 2 quotes and better 3!! Also, make sure they are from fully qualified electricians and not part trained DI's, registration with NICEIC, ELSCA or any other of the scheme providers will not guarantee the operative is a fully trained electrician unfortunately. When you spend £4000+ on a complete rewire, you expect to increase or maintain the value of your property, so forget any notion about a mini trunking installation it will do neither!! lol!!

As a landlord, this is not the time to scrimp and save, ...get the job done once and right by a professional. The installation will then last and more importantly, be safe for any future occupants!! ...And probably will see you pushing up daisy's before it needs re-wiring again!! lol!!

I suggest you get at least 2 quotes and better 3!! Also, make sure they are from fully qualified electricians and not part trained DI's, registration with NICEIC, ELSCA or any other of the scheme providers will not guarantee the operative is a fully trained electrician unfortunately. When you spend £4000+ on a complete rewire, you expect to increase or maintain the value of your property, so forget any notion about a mini trunking installation it will do neither!! lol!!

As a landlord, this is not the time to scrimp and save, ...get the job done once and right by a professional. The installation will then last and more importantly, be safe for any future occupants!! ...And probably will see you pushing up daisy's before it needs re-wiring again!! lol!!

What ^ he said! :)

And a proper rewire should add to the value of the property

Reply to Re-wire or upgrade earth bonding? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net