Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Reality check xzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzxzx in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    'As you know, or maybe not in some cases, I'm retired, 72 had some medical problems, can't physically do what I think I should be able to do, getting old I think it's called, anyway, had a call from a friend I have known since the later stages of my School life, his wife of some 50 years had passed away, an previously to her passing he had had a stroke, a bad one, left him useless on his left hand side.
    I went to the service in South Wales a 4 hour trip each way, I didn't realise how it would effect me, as we had lost contact, as you do as you get older, however Friendship, like we had is hard to forget, he was well catered for with family and friends.
    Any how I stayed with him over night, watching him struggle with the type of thing able bodied people take for granted, made me think how lucky we are with what we have, despite the whinges about Part P, the 18th etc, we should consider ourselves lucky with our lot. Sorry for the morbid post but it affected me more than I thought it would, any how happy days, looking forward to ELEX in September, banging away at 5wws.

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Is this what you people get up to at these exhibitions???
    Sounds waaay too kinky for me.... :p I'm pure and innocent...

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    That should read, and banging away at 5wws, as a different activity as you well know Spoon, so stop being difficult:p:eek::tongue::tongue::bowing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

I'll hang my head in shame and go and stand in the corner for 50 mins...

5. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    Make it an hour

6. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

1 min for each year of your age. That's what we did with out kids when they were being naughty and we put them in the corner. I'm 50, so 50 mins...

7. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    unless it's saturday... time and a half.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    And the derating factor 0.8, so you've actually got to serve out 62.5 minutes.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Well Done Pete for getting over to see your mate. I'm sure he appreciated your efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. gazdkw82

gazdkw82 Trainee Trainee Access

Your friend is lucky to have a caring family and friends (like yourself) hold on to that as a positive.

Some people don't have either.

Hopefully I may see you this time at ELEX. What day are you going?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    The Friday, old bald, and with Camerabloke, I hope all being well

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    None
    One thing that struck me as odd, well not so much odd, but quite striking was the community spirit. My Mate lived on a brand new estate nice house, nice area, which was what I thought I lived in, all the neighbors rallied round and helped my Pal, shopping. cleaning etc whilst his wife was in hospital before She passed away, my immediate neighbor hasn't spoken to me since he moved in 18 months ago, and the other two houses will only speak when they want something, people mock the Welsh, but the community spirit opened my eyes, seems like the Miners mentality lives on and long may it do so.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Its because the same people live in the same area that they where born in, in certain communities.

14. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

Reality Check, was invited to a neighbours summer party a week or so ago for this Saturday, received a text message on Friday that it been cancelled as the partners other half was ill, on Saturday and ambulance outside the house, today I spoke to the neighbour and she had died on Sunday......... She was 74 and the cancer had returned and got her.