Discuss Recommended 2394/2395 course provider in south London.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

zappa

Hello all,

Been here a little while checking out the incredible amount of knowledgeable people share on here, thankyou, this is my first post, but would like to know if anyone here knows where a good 2394/2395 course provider in south London.

First hand experience would be preferable, before I sign up and hand over the cash.

I assume it would be a weeks course followed by a couple of exams, online I guess, similar to when I updated to the 17th?

Can anyone out there help please.

Much appreciated for any feedback.

All the best

Zappa

Hello Zappa and welcome.

Some places deliver the course combined over a week, as the syllabus is about 60% the same between courses. I myself deliver them individually at 4 days each, have delivered it this way to a few guys doing them consecutively and none have failed so far - they find the repetition in some syllabus really helpful.

Both courses require a practical assessment, there will be an online exam and a written exam on an evening stipulated by City and Guilds.

I deliver the courses in Watford myself, which is probably a bit far for you. There are numerous colleges in the south london area, but I am not sure if they run them regularly. You could possibly try tradeskills4U - a sponsor here. They are a training centre and so will probably run the course every time.

Regards

widdler

Hello Zappa and welcome.

Some places deliver the course combined over a week, as the syllabus is about 60% the same between courses. I myself deliver them individually at 4 days each, have delivered it this way to a few guys doing them consecutively and none have failed so far - they find the repetition in some syllabus really helpful.

Both courses require a practical assessment, there will be an online exam and a written exam on an evening stipulated by City and Guilds.

I deliver the courses in Watford myself, which is probably a bit far for you. There are numerous colleges in the south london area, but I am not sure if they run them regularly. You could possibly try tradeskills4U - a sponsor here. They are a training centre and so will probably run the course every time.

Regards

widdler

Hi widdler

Thank you for letting me know how some courses run, it is a shame Watford is a bit far with the commitments I have at present, but you've given me an idea what to look out for when choosing from what's available.

Being firmly into middle age, I do respond better to repetition and larger print these days.

Thanks again

zappa

Able Skills, they are based in Dartford and have a very professional setup. Very good tutors, well equipped work bays and a thoughtful and knowledgeable back office staff.
I will always go back to them when and if I need a qualification update.

Not sure if your close to croydon but there is The Builders Training Centre in croydon, I am booked on for this course in october, done 2392 there few months back seem good so far

Reply to Recommended 2394/2395 course provider in south London.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net