Discuss regs impairing quality in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martysparky

This is not really about electrical work.

But in flats where refurbs are taking place to meet current build regs I reckon this is causing distress to the flat dwellers.

Ok. its distressing enough for all the works at someones flat. They have had a rewire, fine, new kitchen, fine, new bathroom fine. New windows that resist sound of the outside ambiance etc, fine. But, then that removal of sound brings th attention of other sound.

So, the dweller hears the people living in other flats noise acutely as the mask of noise has been removed in effect amplifying internal noise. Then consequently starts complaining to the other dwellers of the surrounding flats and visa versa.......Happy environment escalating

Lovely the pros and cons of quality improvement eh!
but how does that sit with the passage of sound regs as nothing has been done between floors to improve resistance but to the contrary made it worse.

Just thought this a little interesting as I'm sure there has been an increase in complaints to councils with regard to anti social activities within flats.

I'm thinking if enough of a stink is made about this then the future might generate electrical alteration if sound proofing need be installed between wooden floors...

Flats with wooden floors have always been a bad thing without adding to the problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few big refurbs I have been on recently the building inspector has said that insulation must be installed beneath all floorboards, it's happening on a job I'm on now, this is supposed to be a good sound barrier.. I can't see it happening in lived in domestic properties, don't think the tenant will appreciate all there floorboards being taken up

Reply to regs impairing quality in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net