Currently reading:
Rewiring house questions

Discuss Rewiring house questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dannym

Hi everyone, I've rewired my first house by myself - I havnt done a great deal of domestic work, mainly industrial and commercial. But I've got a few of questions that I havnt been able to find answers for. I think I know how to do them but would just like some conformation to boost my confidence with it lol.

1. On one lighting circuit I've taken the feed to 3 different rooms, and they are feeding 2 pendant lights and one extract fan and in the kitchen - 10 led downlights. My question is will these 10 downlights be ok on one switch? Or will it overload the circuit?

2. The external shed requires a feed. The shed is approximately 25m away from the consumer unit. My idea is to run a 2 core 6mm SWA to an IP rated adaptable box on the side of the house and connect a 6mm t and e into this and run it back to the board. Would this be acceptable? I know that I need an earth stake near the shed.

3. The board is moving the meter to an external location (the consumer unit has also been moved). But is over 3m away from the meter. I was going to use a KMF switch that would be boxed in somehow and use an SWA out of if to an IP rated adaptable box and then feed the consumer unit. Does this sound ok or does anyone have any other suggestions? I've never dealt with the electricity company directly before and the customer has spoke to them so I'm not sure what they'll leave me with.

Many thanks,

Danny

i couldn't care less, im just follow suit and having fun, but equally to stop this whole "anyone can do electrical work thing" people should not encourage a non scheme member do carry out notifiable electrical work.

fixed that for you.

I couldn't care less, im just follow suit and having fun, but equally to stop this whole "anyone can do electrical work thing" people should not encourage a non scheme member do carry out electrical work.

There are many qualified and competent electricians who aren't in schemes though surely. Daz

Reply to Rewiring house questions in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock