Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss RF based Immersun systems ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danesol

My PV system is connected to the grid via Henley block and I dont want to lay a cable from airing cupboard to electrical cabinet !

Can you get RF based clamps for these units or an RF based Immersun model ?????????????

My PV system is connected to the grid via Henley block and I dont want to lay a cable from airing cupboard to electrical cabinet !

Can you get RF based clamps for these units or an RF based Immersun model ?????????????

Not
that I know of with Immersun.

But the Solar I Boost activates the immersion heater via RF .

The proportional immersion controller add-on for the Elios4You monitoring platform is hard-wired into the element feed but wirelessly controlled by the Elios device so maybe that's an option for you? Elios is available now, immersion controller is under final test and should be released in a couple of weeks.

Immersun state a RF unit based system should be available in approx a mth ??? I doubt it !

Why do you doubt it? They have delivered to date on updates, program chnages etc? And they have a very good customer service department...

Why do you doubt it? They have delivered to date on updates, program chnages etc? And they have a very good customer service department...

Maybe so.... however my main concern thereafter is will this additional feature which is a must for some price it out of the market especially when some consider this too expensive to start with especially for those like me who heat their water normally with GCH and with low export levels already (30%) ?

However as they say.... "every little bit helps........"

Want a cheap sytem as the commercial ones with warranty are too expensive ....

Build it yourself: Labs | OpenEnergyMonitor

Also comes with an RF CT system emonTX - we've got 18 CT's monitoring varouos parts of our house and PV generation, and it works wonders
overview: Home | OpenEnergyMonitor
emontx: emonTx | OpenEnergyMonitor

Our system is also fully calibrated so it reports real power not just an estimates based on 230V.

Want a cheap sytem as the commercial ones with warranty are too expensive ....

Build it yourself: Labs | OpenEnergyMonitor

Also comes with an RF CT system emonTX - we've got 18 CT's monitoring varouos parts of our house and PV generation, and it works wonders
overview: Home | OpenEnergyMonitor
emontx: emonTx | OpenEnergyMonitor

Our system is also fully calibrated so it reports real power not just an estimates based on 230V.

Supposed thats a possibility too, however i just like to think that the market sorted itself out and supplied these units far cheaper , hoping to get more volume. Be nice to think this would be supplied as part of a comprehensive Solar PV package/bundle to the customer from good installers ?

Or in the case of a new build - be a mandatory item along with Solar PV on the roof instead of tiles etc

As ultimately if ppl dont want to see this as a financial investment they ought to see it as an home energy saving scheme which ultimately will save them money as well as help save the planet ?

We (and some others) do include ImmerSun type devices as part of our standard inatsllations - so long as the customer has an immersion (though we did recently have to replace the immersion as well on one site) and allow the customer to -de-select it if they wish.

1-IMG_1070.JPG

Reply to RF based Immersun systems ??? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net