Currently reading:
RFC in Steel Conduit

Discuss RFC in Steel Conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wire the RFC as a staggered ring as Tel has described. Up to you if you want to make a conduit ring or not, it'll work either way. What are you intending, to use inspection bends, or will you be forming your own bends?? Using inspection bends, if not very careful in wiring, can strip the insulation off cables, Same goes for inspection Tee's...

IMO having 8 switches to control 8 light fittings is totally crazy, at the very least switch them in pairs. Oh and you won't have any eddy current problems either, i'm a little confused as to why you would think that you would!!!

Wire the RFC as a staggered ring as Tel has described. Up to you if you want to make a conduit ring or not, it'll work either way. What are you intending, to use inspection bends, or will you be forming your own bends?? Using inspection bends, if not very careful in wiring, can strip the insulation off cables, Same goes for inspection Tee's...

IMO having 8 switches to control 8 light fittings is totally crazy, at the very least switch them in pairs. Oh and you won't have any eddy current problems either, i'm a little confused as to why you would think that you would!!!

Planning on forming my own bends, but I might need to use a few elbows to get around some piers in the wall (which are supporting some steels in the ceiling).

have you considered 2 x 2 trunking with conduit for the drops? easier to add to in the future.

have you considered 2 x 2 trunking with conduit for the drops? easier to add to in the future.

I haven't really, I thought that might look a bit too industrial, but maybe I should think how that would work.

Off to see Father Christmas with the kids now ... :santa_smiley:

I haven't really, I thought that might look a bit too industrial, but maybe I should think how that would work.

Off to see Father Christmas with the kids now ... :santa_smiley:

At the end of the day, this is a garage when all said and done, and as Tel has pointed out, an easy task to add or even remove fixtures and fittings in the future....

You guys are absolutely right of course.

I think I'll use trunking with conduit drops, I can see it makes sense for lots of reasons.

Thanks for your help. I'm glad I asked the random silly question now. :rolleyes:

and a good exercise would be to make your own bends in the trunking. a bit of simple trignometry.

Reply to RFC in Steel Conduit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back