Discuss RIP Paddy Ashdown.................. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

He was in the forces so that made him what he was to take him into politics - perhaps conscription would be the answer to a lot of the problems we have.
It works for Israel and Switzerland which I think are the only two that make it mandatory.
It’d sort the snowflakes out from the sludge!

Like has already been said, I dont agree with his politics but he stood up for his principles and his military service is something to be respected, he was ex SBS and Royal Marines.
He is one of the last generation of politicians who had conviction, now they are a shambles
In my opinion he also had presence, and man you could believe in.

RIP Paddy

If it was down to me, nobody could become a MP without 20 years work in the private sector and permanent residency in the constituency they wish to represent ............

Unless such rules are adopted the entire 650 will be career muppets

RIP Paddy

If it was down to me, nobody could become a MP without 20 years work in the private sector and permanent residency in the constituency they wish to represent ............

Unless such rules are adopted the entire 650 will be career muppets
Just look at how the Keith Vaz "incident" seems to have been buried.

Keith Vaz investigation suspended for medical reasons - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/21/keith-vaz-investigation-suspended-for-medical-reasons

Aye he had political convictions alright and he sincerely tried to serve the public.
Unfortunately too many politicians in this age are self serving and have contempt for the public. More than a few have been convicted of late too and many more ought to be

Reply to RIP Paddy Ashdown.................. in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net