Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Rusty on supply types in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. steve447

steve447 Guest

As i am not currently a practising sparks, But am qualified 236 parts 1 &2, NVQ level 3, 17th edition and i did my apprenticeship many moons ago all on commercial and industrial work, i am struggling to get my head around different supply types.
    Especially my own house, the supply comes in to the meter and there is just a thin wire that is taped up which come off this supply cable going the MET, which type of supply is this? Also is this something that need changing by the DNO?
    Thanks
    Steve

Meter.jpg

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    that's TN-S. under that tape, it will be sweated to the lead sheath of the supply cable.

3. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Trusted Advisor

TN-S and unless there is a problem with your Ze value, then no leave as is

4. jumpin jax

jumpin jax Electrician's Arms

supply appears to be tns, earthing conductor could do with some attention if they will come round

5. steve447

steve447 Guest

Thanks guys, much appreciated :)