Discuss RV plug using existing power run, will this work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
we just replaced our hot water tank with hot water on demand (natural gas) and still have the old power run for the tank which is 30a 240v. I would like to use that power run to put a plug in for my RV ( 30a 120v). currently the run has a ground and 2 hot wires so I wanted to know that if I change one of the live wires to be neutral by moving it in the breaker panel to the neutral bus bar, would that be safe to use or is there a reason I cannot do that?

we just replaced our hot water tank with hot water on demand (natural gas) and still have the old power run for the tank which is 30a 240v. I would like to use that power run to put a plug in for my RV ( 30a 120v). currently the run has a ground and 2 hot wires so I wanted to know that if I change one of the live wires to be neutral by moving it in the breaker panel to the neutral bus bar, would that be safe to use or is there a reason I cannot do that?
Yes you can change a live for a neutral but it needs to be phase taped to indicate the purpose and in your case would be white tape. Good luck and welcome to the forum

Reply to RV plug using existing power run, will this work? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have an existing but unused 50A disconnect on the side of the house. It had been connected to an AC unit that got replaced. It has just 3...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have an old Country villa in Spain. The housing electrics were not good so the house recently has been completely re-wired to a good...
Replies
Views
Replaced our old 240v hot tub with a new one, which also uses 240v for motors, heater, etc, and 120v for low amp LEDs and touch screen control...
Replies
Views
Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I'd like to find a timer switch, in a style that looks alright next to decora light switches, to control a bathroom fan. The bathroom fan...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock