Search the forum,

Discuss Same question as yesterday................. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickytuff

Evening all, i will ask the same question again, as the responses werent that right or wrong, black/white if you know what i mean, so here goes again, a builder wants an eic certificate issuing for a single storey extension, he has gone through planning and building regs as he should do, the installation needs a new consumer unit and testing, i've had a visual and all looks ok, i've explained any non compliances found must be corrected at an extra charge, my question is do i have to notify this work that i am doing being as it has already bein applied for-for the extension???, anybody 100% sure on this question as i dont want to get myself into any trouble. (i'm not part of the niceic, elecsa etc) but fully qualified electrician with 239/1 to my belt ;)

I'm not sure...but I fancy it may vary according to the policy of the LABC......It may be a better idea to contact them and get it direct from the horses mouth...so to speak.

Just do it and tell building control as far as your concerned the electrics were part of the submitted drawings and the worst way your have to pay again if it ain't.

i would ring bc give them the details of the application and ask. each one is different. tell them your quals etc and see what they say. easier to do it that way than have an awkward meeting with some jobs worth after the event as we know how they can be on site

Ring LABC and ask them, they should be able to tell you. Don't 'just do it' as it may not be just a case of paying again, your retrospective application may be declined for one reason or another (not to prove a point or anything, of course) and you may find yourself on a sticky wicket when the customer is told they have to rip everything out.

LABC are the only people who know the ins and outs and whether the initial app accounted for wiring or not. Give them a ring, it will be painless!

would i have to pay, or the builder/client???

As long as you don't pay I would not worry, tell the client its extra work and they may have to stump up a few quid if building control want paying.

Its not the end of the world and don't let it stop you earning a living. Everyone appears to be scared of their own shadows these days, all because of the elite control freaks putting fear into everyone.

You don't ear the bankers worrying about taking our Taxes for another bonus, people need to wake up lol

the electrical work MUST of been included in the application if not then a notice should be made if not partp (depending upon the inspector he may allow it if you can prove competence)

hi

if i remember correctly you need to inform building control that they will be inspecting the work as you are not part p registered and pay about £250 up front.... i think thats what i had to do a few years back before going nic. things might have changed now though.

hope this helps
gary

Reply to Same question as yesterday................. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock