Discuss Scam - the phonebook in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Alan42

Don't anyone get taken in by these scammers. A nice sounding Brummie lady led me to believe she represented 'the phone book', offered me a listing for £125 payable in 6 months, then stole £150 after 3 days, during which time they had sent me a draft ad with most of my details wrong, an invoice for £450 in 3 instalments with the first in April, and then failed to answer my emails. I checked their website, which purports to list tradespeople, and they seem to have lifted names from Yell and added non-existent phone numbers. Their London office, 27 Old Gloucester Road, turns out to be a virtual address anyone can buy into, with an 0207 number which is actually a call centre. I checked the full header of their email and the code for country of origin is 'unk' which means 'unknown', so the nice Brummie lady was probably sunning herself on a beach somewhere and not in Dudley as she claimed. I hope she gets a nasty bout of food poisoning...

I've never been caught before - and never again!

Reply to Scam - the phonebook in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm sure I'm not the first to hear of this but for those who haven't: I was contacted by a man selling advertisement space in a magazine claiming...
Replies
Views
Knobhead
K
lads, recently received this on a bakebook email, worth a read just to be aware or to lets others aware of such nastiness :( Received a phone...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock