Discuss See if you can beat this this winter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Called out as lost sockets and lighs.

Boiler broken.

One open plan office with 11 2Kw fan heaters on six 32A RFCs in a DB fed from a TP 63A switch fuse.

They had 7 heaters on one phase, plus the base load.

And.....

Four windows wide open....

And...

Air-con unit cooling.

Office full of lasses and none share the same requirements for heat/cold and utterly unwilling to compromise.

My suggestion of jumpers did not go down well.

Anyhow, replaced the fuse and told them no more than four heaters.

How long til I'm back?

spent some time working for a company that made thyristor drives. we dreaded having to work in the offices as it was 70 deg. F. , all windows shut, heating on full, sweating bollox, and the office girls moaning it was cold.

Called out as lost sockets and lighs.

Boiler broken.

One open plan office with 11 2Kw fan heaters on six 32A RFCs in a DB fed from a TP 63A switch fuse.

They had 7 heaters on one phase, plus the base load.

And.....

Four windows wide open....

And...

Air-con unit cooling.

Office full of lasses and none share the same requirements for heat/cold and utterly unwilling to compromise.

My suggestion of jumpers did not go down well.

Anyhow, replaced the fuse and told them no more than four heaters.

How long til I'm back?
you could not space the lines out any bigger could you .close it up at the back .;)

Went to service an a/c in an office and notice it was on and set to max cooling , thought weird as it was only last month, noticed the windows open, thought even odder and then checked the radiators and they were on too set to 25 degrees, WTF. I think they were attempting to get three climates in one open plan office 15M X 10m... lol, glad its not just me finding these bizarre office antics.

spent 6 months 500ft down in the local salt mine. was always 10 C / 50 F., summer and winter the same. never felt cold.was just right for working , and that was with minimal movement stuck on top of a scissor lift 8 hours a day. the salt corrosion to tools was a different tale.

Went to service an a/c in an office and notice it was on and set to max cooling , thought weird as it was only last month, noticed the windows open, thought even odder and then checked the radiators and they were on too set to 25 degrees, WTF. I think they were attempting to get three climates in one open plan office 15M X 10m... lol, glad its not just me finding these bizarre office antics.
I might suggest next time that rather than the, guilt assuageing, recycle a coffee cup scheme they dress appropriately for the weather and turn the heating down.

But that would take effort and sacrifice, make an actual difference and not be just a pointless virtue signal.

but getting office girls to ditch the miniskirts and wear long johns would take the fun out of working there.

When I worked in a meat factory, the temperature on the factory floor was kept at a constant 9 degrees Celsius.
We were always being accused of lowering the temperature in the summer.

Reply to See if you can beat this this winter in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock