Discuss Setting up a new business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I decided to take the plunge and go at it on my own!!!
I'm an electrician in Crawley area and I was just wondering if anyone
had any ideas of how to promote it
and also if you guys could check out my website and give me feedback on it
to see if I've missed anything!!! Haze Contractors

Thanks in advance, Mike

Last edited:
what a good idea. you make a mess chasing and she cleans up after you. what i call well trained! lol.

Hi guys,

So I decided to take the plunge and go at it on my own!!!
I'm an electrician in Crawley area and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to promote it
and also if you guys could check out my website and give me feedback on it to see if I've missed anything!!! Haze Contractors

Thanks in advance, Mike

To be honest you could spend thousands on SEO but word of mouth and a good reputation are, if not more inportant than having a website.

I did a job recently, and the lady said she would never use a small company, that didn't have its full address on the website, with a mobile and land line AND included the name or initals in the company name!

EDIT: I think you've got too much detail on each page and do you really need to state you are the Managing Director?? Not being bitchy but what/who is your target customer? ICI, Vauxhall, or Mr & Mrs Smith?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep in my experience, limited that it is, word of mouth gets you most work. Web sites for large companies offering more products than services. Your web site looks good, suggests you're a large company offering hugely different services, is that correct? All just looks a bit false, if you pardon me; the testimonials could have been written by anyone, just my opinion.

Yep in my experience, limited that it is, word of mouth gets you most work. Web sites for large companies offering more products than services. Your web site looks good, suggests you're a large company offering hugely different services, is that correct? All just looks a bit false, if you pardon me; the testimonials could have been written by anyone, just my opinion.

I think it looks a bit too corporate aswell my target client is everyone and its hard to find the right balance any ideas?

I agree, word of mouth us the best method. However, if you are using a website, photos showing off your work helps! If someone has the time to check out your page, it might just get you that call.

Superficially, the site looks OK. However, it's worth getting someone to proof read the whole website. There are quite a few instances of dodgy punctuation and awkward phrasing. Incidentally, your website design company have at least two cases of bad punctuation on their home page.

I'd have the phone numbers on the home page a bit bigger.

By the way, do you really hold CG2391?

Edit: Actually, I do think it's a bit odd having two unrelated services on one website. I'd re-arrange it so that you have what appear to be two separate sites with a link to the other one on each.

Last edited:
The photo's???

Change them to a working environment and not the "we are at home" kind of thing. Companies will be employing your skills and services, those pictures do not do anything for me on that scale (although you look like a happy couple, well done on that score). Save those pics for Facebook and drop it from your "company web site".

Good luck in setting up, I wish you all the best and take note of what members on here say. We have been there and done it.

For a start you can remove all content from your website that has been copied and pasted directly from my company's website with immediate effect!

Duplicate material will harm my rankings on Google.

My content is copyright, faliure to remove now will result in court action and I will pursue a claim for damages.

Awesome!!!!

for starters...

1: You appear to be called NICEIC :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

2: Inspection & Testing, you've got a picture of crappy lookalike Fluke DMM.

3: If Mr Skelton's claims are correct ...

I'd sack your website designer quick!

For a start you can remove all content from your website that has been copied and pasted directly from my company's website with immediate effect!

My content is copyright, faliure to remove now will result in court action and I will pursue a claim for damages.

Thats a good one that is, what a plonker eh! You should always write your own content and not copy it!

"Skelton Electrical offer free estimates, free advice and highly competitive prices."

i think the OP should take the "free advice" at this stage whilst the price is "competitive" before it starts getting silly!

what is your website called?

Reply to Setting up a new business in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net