Discuss Shaver socket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Me again.

im installing a shaver socket in a bathroom later on and was just wanting clarity on a couple of things.

I know I've got to notify BC but what certificate do I give the cuter a MW? Or installation cert?

also, is it good practice to take the feed from the ceiling rose and is there a specific height it has to be?

thanks as always

Dan

You only need to notify jobs in a bathroom or shower room if it is within the zones. If outside the zones then it is not a notifiable job.

Unless you're installing the shaver on a new circuit from the CU, which I dont think you will be then its a MWC.

I would be happy to take the feed from wherever was most convenient.

As for heights I would stick to the regs (450mm-1200mm).

Well done on the Stroma assessment Danny! :)

Last edited:
The clue is in book's title! ;)

Always keep mine in the van. Very occasionally take it into the house and it's really annoying on that odd time when you need it and it's not there! It's busy sitting on my office desk being useless!

Reply to Shaver socket installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all! Posted on here a couple of years ago and got great advice. Have been self employed a couple of years now and always find pricing work the...
Replies
Views
hi there - Im about to book an electrical safety certificate for a property that will be let out and I notice I have plug sockets in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope nobody minds that my first post is a question. We have a bit of a situation brewing at home with regards to our new...
Replies
Views
I'm a pretty competent DIYer and always try to follow the relevant IEE/IET regs. Recently I ordered an LED bathroom cabinet from Amazon to...
Replies
Views
Well....wiring in a 1750s thatched cottage attic, not wiring made from thatch 🤪 One we have been letting for over 20 years (as well as enjoying...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock