Discuss Shepherds Hut, which regs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have been asked to install electrics in a Shepherds Hut. Just looking for consensus of opinion as to which part of the regs applies. I am leaning towards a "Park Home" which is not a Special Installation I believe. There are parts of section 7 which could also be applied, caravan, mobile home etc.
I welcome your comments please.

The commercially produced Shepherds' huts I've looked at (thinking of possibly getting one) have been conventionally wired with non flexible cables, so that suggests they are not under the same regs as touring caravans.

Flexible cables if the unit can be towed “at speed” ie a touring caravan.
Park homes, static caravans etc are normal non flexible cables as the wheels are only for positioning.

Does the shepherd hut have wheels or is it a build in situ thing?

Flexible cables if the unit can be towed “at speed” ie a touring caravan.
Park homes, static caravans etc are normal non flexible cables as the wheels are only for positioning.

Does the shepherd hut have wheels or is it a build in situ thing?
They have wheels. The wheels are only for positioning to a fixed site (solid steel, no tyres). I understand it is a planning regs "get-out", that's the only reason they have wheels at all. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Reply to Shepherds Hut, which regs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

We have started a business building garden rooms/caravans/mobile homes under the caravan act. We have only done one so far and I got an...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi all, been scratching my head on this, I’ve been asked to wire 3 diy built shepherds huts and can’t decide how to classify them. the terms of...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'm trying to find a definitive answer on the use of 1.5mm 2C+E for power points in a transportable structure which is fed by a 15A inlet...
Replies
Views
Recently been working on a system design for a LL. I was told the building would be a three floor 16 room HMO, so the design was done to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock