Discuss Should have been having our panels fitted TODAY! Oh dear!! :o( in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Eh?

I dont actually remember aportioning blame/fault to customers or posters mogs.

But if someone pokes me in the chest i poke back.

If someone pokes someone i know in the chest and i see it, guess what? i poke back.

If someone pokes someone in the chest i dont know and i see it, yep you guessed it.

But if i was to blame anyone moggy it would be entirely myself for working so hard for little thanks or gratitude.

Think you need your zzzzzzz's ;-)

Wow! First chance I've had to read the forum in a few days... It normally takes more than my first ever post to be accused of being THIS offensive! :) I certainly didn't mean to be that way so please let me apologise. (Good job it wasn't Fiador doing my install... who was it that said no-one's ever going to die doing a PV install??!!... LOL)

So for the record, mine and my dad's panels are up and producing. Long story short - all is good, all very happy with the work by the guys on site.

We are still waiting for the MCS web site to produce our certificates! We were told that my application was put in yesterday and my dad's was actually entered into the system on Saturday! Our FIT applications are going in to British Gas and even though we have no certs I have emailed the application forms to them today (seems they only require the MCS Number not the actual cert. and the MCS web site does allocate the Number even while the application is sitting in the "pending" status... so that might be a useful tip for any fellow "last-minute.com's" like us).

So I guess we just sit back and wait now. As I write, the inverter tells me that today my system produced 2.32Kwh and my dad's (5 mins walk down the road - exact same system, same azimuth, same pitch roof but a bungalow not a house) produced 2.29Kwh. So I reckon that ain't too bad a comparison!

(Thanks FB for that investment performance analysis by the way... wish my maths and accountancy were up to that kind of succinct and useful detail! Your logic sounds absolutely spot on to me Here's hoping!)

Hi, What time did your system come live, just asking as mine came on at about 9 am, it had 000000.2 on the meter when turned on and now has 000003.4 so I guess thats ok? Cloudy all day and not cut a shading a bit tree down yet so seems ok...

Hi, What time did your system come live, just asking as mine came on at about 9 am, it had 000000.2 on the meter when turned on and now has 000003.4 so I guess thats ok? Cloudy all day and not cut a shading a bit tree down yet so seems ok...

That's 3.2kWh so not too shabby if it's been cloudy.

Mozzerr, what benefit was there in sending your FiT application without your MCS certificate or number? Was this arranged prior to sending?
Isn't the eligibility date for FiT's the date the full and correct application is received?

...mine came on at about 9 am, it had 000000.2 on the meter when turned on and now has 000003.4 so I guess thats ok? Cloudy all day and not cut a shading a bit tree down yet so seems ok...

Jealous already! :) I'm taking the "day total" from the inverter. Interestingly, I'm reasonably sure the new meter next to the consumer unit closed yesterday at 000.4 - but I'm not 100%... Today it ended at 2.98... which suggests a discrepancy somewhere...? I will know for sure from tomorrows readings.

My inverter under reads by 0.27% compared to the generation meter so I've entered that into the calibration menu to read more accurately.

Mozzerr, what benefit was there in sending your FiT application without your MCS certificate or number?

No, I *did* have the number - just not the cert. The lady in the admin. office at the installing company was able to give me the number. BG only want the number as they themselves can log onto the MCS site and check that it's a genuine application (at least, that's what they -BG- told me - in a subsequent phone call to them...)

Was this arranged prior to sending?

Nope.

Isn't the eligibility date for FiT's the date the full and correct application is received?

(From the email that comes straight back from BG when you send in) :-

"Thank you for your email. Your enquiry has been received by the British Gas Feed-in Tariff (FiT) team and will be processed in due course.

If you are submitting a FiT application form, your eligibility date is the date upon which we receive your completed application, which must include your MCS number."

I queried the above by phone and was told that my FIT eligibility would be Today, regardless if anything was missing from my application EXCEPT the MCS number.

HTH

I don't know whether it is true or not, but i have been told that the BG site is downloading only the first two pages of the application form.

Yes, thats what i mean, only two pages. No declaration and signature page downloading.

You seem to imply that the non-downloaded FIT application form (from BG?) has more pages - to include declaration and signature? Well I had the actual form (not downloaded) which I scanned and emailed... Still only 2 pages... ??

They'll almost certainly send out a contract which would require a signature once they've processed the application (and before they start sending out cheques), so perhaps BG have decided that they don't need a signature on the FIT application form itself. In any case, the form clearly says page 1 of 2, and page 2 of 2 so there isn't a missing page.

I think they send out a load of bumf later, well they did a couple of months ago but things change, anyways a lot ask a load of rubbish EDF only fall short on asking for finger prints...

Is it possible that the signature section has been "chopped off" when pasting it onto their site ?

Form looks different to previous version.

Reply to Should have been having our panels fitted TODAY! Oh dear!! :o( in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net