Discuss Should we bring back....? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
After the return of Catchphrase on ITV and The Crystal Maze on C4... What other old quiz shows need to be resurrected?
After several late nights watching Challenge TV channel, might I suggest Bullseye. With either Jonny Vegas as host or Al Murrays pub landlord character.
Thoughts?

After the return of Catchphrase on ITV and The Crystal Maze on C4... What other old quiz shows need to be resurrected?
After several late nights watching Challenge TV channel, might I suggest Bullseye. With either Jonny Vegas as host or Al Murrays pub landlord character.
Thoughts?
I would humbly suggest mate that you need to get out more, sorry don't mean to be dismissive, but Bulls eye? In a few words no please don't bring that rubbish back, bad enough with reruns, but bring it back? noooooooooooooooooooooo

i watch the re-runs of bullseye on challenge. if only to see the fabulous prizes that younow see at car boot sales ( e.g.VHS VCR for a fiver) or a 22" CRT TV in the local council tip.

That's the cliche prizes, a speedboat or a caravan when all the guy wants to win is the car to pull it. The latter prizes were holidays. I don't remember that from watching it as a kid. Also don't remember the "BFH" prize... Bus Fare Home.

Social observation:- apart from a few lady players, every contestant was a white male. Only exception was Frank Bruno on a xmas special with Linda Lusardi and John McCririck.

That's the cliche prizes, a speedboat or a caravan when all the guy wants to win is the car to pull it. The latter prizes were holidays. I don't remember that from watching it as a kid. Also don't remember the "BFH" prize... Bus Fare Home.

Social observation:- apart from a few lady players, every contestant was a white male. Only exception was Frank Bruno on a xmas special with Linda Lusardi and John McCririck.
asforyour secondobservation, yes, there were not many female players, but that is just a reflection of life. 80 % of men have played darts at some time in their life. 80% of women have never thrown a dart at all.

as long as they don't bring back that stupid price is right. ( all due respect to Bruce, RIP).

Since we're throwing about the 80% rule - with those original overweight beer swilling dart players, reckon 80% of them are dead now BUT I can't be bothered to research it.
Was a good show though, whoever mentioned YouBet - was that the one with people with extraordinary powers. I remember the guy who could name the tune by watching the graphic equaliser - I'll bet his mum always shouted up the stairs 'turn that bloomin' radio down' so he developed his super power!
asforyour secondobservation, yes, there were not many female players, but that is just a reflection of life. 80 % of men have played darts at some time in their life. 80% of women have never thrown a dart at all.

Reply to Should we bring back....? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock