Discuss Shower to outbuilding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In the process of quoting and pricing a job for an outbuilding which is to be used to cut hair on a part time hobby. This outbuilding will have a 7.5kw shower, Lighting circuit consisiting of 2 lights, and a ring circuit with a couple of sockets. The supply will be from a 63 amp swich fuse in 3 core armoured run along the outside of the building and then cantinary wire from building to shed. Total run approx 25meters. It is a tns supply 100 amp fuse. Just a few questions that some wise people may be able to help me with.

1. Been doing some cable calcs deciding 10mm/16mm 3 core swa, What reference method would you use as this would effect ccc.

2. I was thinking of exporting the earth as it is a tns system, but would it be better to make the shed a TT.

3. The shower is the issue here as the i do not think the customer understands why cable has to be so big(expensive) just to use a shower. Can anyone suggest an alternative Ie lower kw shower, or something like a little storage tank that can provide instant water. I have seen the ones for washing hands and i understand this is not a plumbers forum but just after a bit of advice.

Do you need to bond the water pipe to the shower?

Do you want us to do the job for you as well by any chance??

You're asking basic stuff that you should bloody well know!! As for leaving a TN-S supply behind in favour of what is bound to be a 200 Ohm TT system just beggars belief!!

Change fuse to 50A as you know won't pull that for long periods...

You our can get water tank heater, we just wired one up in a morrisons store and from a fused spur so......

Instantaneous water heater into google

Just wondering...
If the outbuilding is just to be used for cutting hair, why do they need a 7.5kW shower, if they are only washing hair?
Why dont they just use a small 3kW shower, like this one... T3A3034I - TRITON (SHOWERS) - T30I 3KW | CPC

Just seem your point 3. Ask the customer if the above shower would do.

Last edited:
I originally missed it cause I was too busy banging by head against my desk, after the OP's comment on making it TT. :)

Reply to Shower to outbuilding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net