Discuss Sick of current UK suppliers is it worth giving one of the new smaller suppliers a go in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ejw161106

I am currently sick of the UK supply market when it comes to PV and PV components etc.
They appear to get orders wrong constantly and chop and change the module offering with availability and stock constancy all over the place.
A lot of the bigger companies would seam to have shed staff and replaced with less savvy less experienced people.
We currently use Segen, Waxman, Krannich and if we really have to Alternenergy but they are all the same.
Does any one have any experience with any of the smaller distributors that are currently doing the email rounds at the moment?
Is it worth giving these guys a go as they would appear to be hungry for the business and will live or dye on being reliable.

Re: Sick of current UK suppliers is it worth giving one of the new smaller suppliers

Sorry but you'll have to contact Dan regarding sponsorship in order to advertise on the forums.

Thanks.

Re: Sick of current UK suppliers is it worth giving one of the new smaller suppliers

Hi there,

Why not give us a try? We only supply Linuo panels bat the moment.

Kenny

Can't help with panels or mounting kits, sorry, but can for everything else - we take pride in our customer service and technical support and would be more than happy to talk through your requirements if you wish.

Andy

I am currently sick of the UK supply market when it comes to PV and PV components etc.
They appear to get orders wrong constantly and chop and change the module offering with availability and stock constancy all over the place.
A lot of the bigger companies would seam to have shed staff and replaced with less savvy less experienced people.
We currently use Segen, Waxman, Krannich and if we really have to Alternenergy but they are all the same.
Does any one have any experience with any of the smaller distributors that are currently doing the email rounds at the moment?
Is it worth giving these guys a go as they would appear to be hungry for the business and will live or dye on being reliable.

Hi

I work for Edmundson Electrical in Plymouth, and we are very much involved in the pv supply Market, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service, with good stocks held in our warehouse, with complete control of all our services and deliveries.

We would be more than happy to provide any solar installer with our prices.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Yes - use the more local guys, I can personally recommend it.

In October last year, before the date of the FIT announcement we had a number of confirmed order with a large supplier, who shall remain nameless. On the day of the announcement I rang to call the orders in, to be told, after an hour of looking, that they had sold my orders to somebody else. Later on I'd managed to get everything apart from the mounting system, said supplier had mounting system but would only sell as part of a kit. Others will have similar stories, and ultimately there seems to be little loyalty to the smaller guys like us.

We turned to EH Smith at this point, for help, we'd had a few dealings with them but a small % of what we did. To their credit, they bent over backwards, sometimes giving me updates at 9pm, not always what I wanted to hear, but the truth either way, and with their help we go most jobs sorted.

Their service has essentially guaranteed my business for any PV components I need that they supply.

Price is important, but its about the customer service too - knowing you're going to get what you ordered, when you wanted it is worth more than a few pence less.

So give your local guys a call, build up a relationship with them. I'm not affiliated with EH Smith in any way, just a happy customer of theirs. I hope I've not broken any forum rules by naming them by the way.

Paul

Paul

That's what we are about too.

It's all about service, and working closely together, we do it day after day, it's what we do for a living, the product (whether solar panels or twin sockets) is largely irrelevant.

I used this company and what is interesting is they can deliver domestic kits to site for 730 next day and Project Energy Distribution took order at 3pm. also missed some bits and they drove them out same day

A BREATH OF FRESH AIR

Reply to Sick of current UK suppliers is it worth giving one of the new smaller suppliers a go in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net