Discuss SKY BOX SECOND OUTPUT - CONNECT TO TV`s WHEN THERE IS NO ANALOGUE TUNER [FUTURE] ? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
"Hello All",

When I was reading various Posts about Freeview TV / Digital Switchover to try and find a reason why My Freeview Signals had become worse since the Digital Switchover I remember reading a comment from a very knowledgeable Member - mharries1 - to the effect that Connecting the Sky Digibox Second Output to another TV using the Aerial Socket would probably NOT be possible when TV`s no longer have an Analogue Tuner.

Although He was commenting about connecting a Virgin Box in that method - I took it to also apply to connecting a Sky Digibox to a TV that does not have an Analogue Tuner [?]

I have Sky Digiboxes [2] connected to Bedroom TV`s where at present the Sky Signal is on an `ATV` - Analogue Channel - When TV`s no longer have an Analogue Tuner - So NO Analogue Channels - would I still be able to receive the Sky Signal [via Satellite Cable from Sky Box Second Output] by Tuning it to an AV Channel ?

I do have a Sky `Feed` [via Satellite Cable] to One TV where it is `On` an AV Channel but I cannot remember HOW I achieved that - I would have just been Happy when it appeared on the AV Channel and just left it at that.

I would really like to know the Answer to this question about receiving the Sky Second Output Signal on an AV Channel - Please.

Can any Member describe HOW to `Tune` the Sky Signal [Via Satellite Cable from Sky Box Second Output to the TV Aerial Socket] to an AV Channel - I would really appreciate that.

IF this is a very simple task [?] - Please excuse My not remembering how to do it.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
Just connect it and retune the telly, you can change the signal range In the sky box but I shouldn't have to.
If u retune ur telly on anolog and still don't get a picture google magic eye set up, it's the same set up process just without the eye and it will show u how to access hidden menus on ur sky box to change the signal range u shouldn't have to tho

Re: SKY BOX SECOND OUTPUT - CONNECT TO TV`s WHEN THERE IS NO ANALOGUE TUNER [FUTURE]

Just connect it and retune the telly, you can change the signal range In the sky box but I shouldn't have to.
If u retune ur telly on anolog and still don't get a picture google magic eye set up, it's the same set up process just without the eye and it will show u how to access hidden menus on ur sky box to change the signal range u shouldn't have to tho

"Hello jpm646",

I hope that this won`t irritate You - I currently have the Sky Box Second Output working on ALL of My Bedroom TV`s `On` ATV / Analogue Channels - I was hoping to get a Step By Step Instructions on How to `Tune` the Signal from the Sky Boxes [via Satellite Cable to Aerial Socket on TV`s] to an AV Channel - thereby dispensing with having to use an Analogue Channel.

This would mean that I then KNOW how to `Tune` the Sky [Second Output] Signal to an AV Channel on a future TV which will probably NOT have an Analogue Tuner.

Thanks for your help with this - would You be able to explain How to do this ?

Regards,

Chris

Sorry for late reply you cannot tune into an av channel only analog ones to go to av u would need an av sender unit that plugs into the scart on the box and scart on the other tvs most ov these are wireless and prob not as good as the way you have it now, I'm not shure but I think all TVs are still being made with anolog tuners

Re: SKY BOX SECOND OUTPUT - CONNECT TO TV`s WHEN THERE IS NO ANALOGUE TUNER [FUTURE]

Sorry for late reply you cannot tune into an av channel only analog ones to go to av u would need an av sender unit that plugs into the scart on the box and scart on the other tvs most ov these are wireless and prob not as good as the way you have it now, I'm not shure but I think all TVs are still being made with anolog tuners

"Hello jpm646",

Thanks for your reply to My Post.

I wanted to know about this for the Future as I bet that TV`s that are manufactured for the U.K. Market will be made without an Analogue Tuner [?].

Because I already have one TV where the Sky Signal [via satellite cable] is `On` an AV Channel I thought that this could be easily achieved on ALL TV`s.

The Sky cable does connect to the Aerial Socket on that TV but the Sky Signal is definitely on an AV Channel - not an Analogue Channel [ATV].

This was just something that `happened` when I ran the Sky Cable [From Sky Box Second Output - RF-2 [?] ] and I don`t know how it came about - I was just happy that the Reception / Signal was Good and I left it at that.

I was going to check around [Maplin etc.] to see IF there is such a `Fitting` as an Aerial Socket to Scart Plug Adapter - ?

IF there is perhaps actually connecting the Sky Satellite Cable [From Second Sky Box Output] to a Scart Socket on the TV would ensure that the Signal would be received on an AV Channel - ?

I would really appreciate any comments that You might have about this.

Regards,

Chris
progress.gif

Last edited:

"Hello jpm646",

Thanks for your reply to My Post.

I wanted to know about this for the Future as I bet that TV`s that are manufactured for the U.K. Market will be made without an Analogue Tuner [?].

Because I already have one TV where the Sky Signal [via satellite cable] is `On` an AV Channel I thought that this could be easily achieved on ALL TV`s.

The Sky cable does connect to the Aerial Socket on that TV but the Sky Signal is definitely on an AV Channel - not an Analogue Channel [ATV].

This was just something that `happened` when I ran the Sky Cable [From Sky Box Second Output - RF-2 [?] ] and I don`t know how it came about - I was just happy that the Reception / Signal was Good and I left it at that.

I was going to check around [Maplin etc.] to see IF there is such a `Fitting` as an Aerial Socket to Scart Plug Adapter - ?

IF there is perhaps actually connecting the Sky Satellite Cable [From Second Sky Box Output] to a Scart Socket on the TV would ensure that the Signal would be received on an AV Channel - ?

I would really appreciate any comments that You might have about this.

Regards,

Chris
progress.gif

"Hello",

I have found that there is NOT an Aerial Plug to Scart Adapter available from Maplin and thinking about it this would only be a useful item if anyone wants to `Do` what I want to Do which is to connect the Satellite Cable from the Sky Digibox Second Output to My TV`s to be able to View the Sky Signal on an AV Channel.

This will only become a `Necessity` IF I purchase TV`s that do NOT have an Analogue Tuner / ATV [Analogue] Channels - which I would Bet will be the case with TV`s in the Future that are manufactured for the U.K. Market [?].

Unless Manufacturing TV`s specifically without an Analogue Tuner for the U.K. would actually be MORE Expensive regarding altering the Manufacturing / Production Line Process - ?

For now I will just have to Hope that I don`t end up in the position where as I replace TV`s I cannot connect the Sky Second Output to them in order to be able to View the Sky Signal [Second Output only] on Bedrooms / Dining Room & Kitchen TV`s.

Chris

Last edited:

Reply to SKY BOX SECOND OUTPUT - CONNECT TO TV`s WHEN THERE IS NO ANALOGUE TUNER [FUTURE] ? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net