sky

Discuss sky in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gibbyisking

hi guys,

right i am doing a new build. the client is wanting a sky point in every room. Hes only having 1 sky box.

Am I right that I would wire from the dish to the box in shotgun cable. then from the box to the boost in coax then from the booster to each point in coax.

Any help would be great

thanks
matthew

gibbyisking

As a new build i'd suggest putting the booster in a central position and feeding the rooms from there, this avoids loads of cables at the back of the box heading out to all the rooms. Also if you get the distances evenish, each TV will have about the same signal levels, most TVs' require a minimum of 60db to give good quality picture.

the house is only a little 2 bed bunglaow. the connections will be rf's yes? or will they just be normal coax connections? sorry i have never done this before. anyone got any diagrams or that

Hi,from the dish to the sky box,from the skybox to the aerial booster,and from the aerial booster to each room in normal co-ax,but remember he will only be able to watch the same channel in each room,and he will have to tune each tv to the specific channel,hope this helps

Hi,from the dish to the sky box,from the skybox to the aerial booster,and from the aerial booster to each room in normal co-ax,but remember he will only be able to watch the same channel in each room,and he will have to tune each tv to the specific channel,hope this helps

thanks mate. dish to skybox to booster in shotgun cable yeah?
am doing the job tomorrow

The customer wants Sky in every room, due to the customers lack of knowledge or understanding what is the customers expectation of the finished work.

With HD, Sky+ and the myriad of channels available is one channel in multiple rooms what the customer requires or different channels in multiple rooms not withstanding the choice of HD and Sky+ which can be delivered.

I know it involves a bit of crystal ball thinking but does any future proofing need to be built in like including ethernet cabling to the TV points the customer may decide against it now but that's their choice

It may be better to ask questions now and avoid arguements later if what is delivered is not precisely what the customer wants

It might be worthwhile asking if the customer wants two coax cables to each point. For future references that the customer might want multi room.

We always take two coax cable from a certain location (normally the loft) to each point

Then from the dish go to the sky box with two cables (sky+ uses two feeds)

Then from the return point on the sky box take a coax cable to a booster. This booster will then send the sky feed through the coax cable to each point.

Hi

I am from the good old days when Sky Installation was done by a company called TAS. I have done rf distribution for years and an option to look at is a nice little unit by Labgear
Labgear

This is everything all in one amp, splitter and give the end user a IR extender in each room so that they can control the sky box. Also if they have a DVD with rf out they can control this too.

Fitted a good few of these including at home and is work a look for you

Regards
Darren

Hi

I am from the good old days when Sky Installation was done by a company called TAS. I have done rf distribution for years and an option to look at is a nice little unit by Labgear
Labgear

This is everything all in one amp, splitter and give the end user a IR extender in each room so that they can control the sky box. Also if they have a DVD with rf out they can control this too.

Fitted a good few of these including at home and is work a look for you

Regards
Darren

thats what i'v had in mind was the labgear. the customor now wants sky and a tv aerial. so im going to go from the LNB to the splitter with shotgun cable, then from the splitter to the sky box in shotgun cable. Then a coax cable from the splitter to every room. Also I will have a coax from the tv aerial to the splitter too.

I have mentioned to him about the magic eyes and he likes that idea. how would I get HD at every point? Also how would I connect up a dvd player? Would I run a shotgun cable to it?

thanks
Matthew

Hd would have to be run in hdmi cable which can work out very expensive. Another way to do it is to run it in cat 5 cable and have little programmers at each end of the cat 5 but they are even more expensive. I would stick to the normal coax distribution

google Kevin Bridges SKY he tells of the time as a young man going to bed n watchign the same channel as his father down stairs PMSL we all know what hes talking about as we have ALL done it lol

i have run a twin coax cable from the sky box to the LNB. Then from the sky box i have a single coax to the master bedroom where he can watch sky with a magic eye. Then I ran a single coax from the LNB to the carers bedroom where she will have a freesat box. Then from the LNB again to the kitchen tv where it has built in freesat *apparently*.

This is a new build little 2 bed semi detached bungalow for a disabled person.

Also It is on the westside of the shetland islands and there isnt much of a freeview signal.

also the living room tv is mounted on the wall above a fire place in between 2 outside doors. and hes wanting the sky box and dvd player about 3m away against another wall. so I 've had to run in a hdmi lead and put 2 hdmi faceplates on and then the same with 2 scart leads. no wires.

you guys ever seen those hdmi faceplates they look ace lol.

Reply to sky in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net