Discuss Smart Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kfink85

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, I need some help on what smart switches to purchase. I am going to hire an electrician do the install. These switches are going to go on the ADT system. My sales rep there for security said that any Zwave switch will get recognized by their app.

With that in mind, a few questions:

- If I want to make only one switch on a circuit a "smart" one, do I need to buy two smart switches for a three-way switch? Or can I get by with just one end being the smart switch?

- I do not see any four-way Zwave smart switches for sale. Am I looking in the wrong place or would some version of a three-way be used here?

- Here are the model numbers I was looking at: GE Model 46201 and GE Model 14229 w/ dimming. Will these work?

Thank you very much for any help!

Sorry for the delay. We are mostly uk based, so some new messages get lost, especially with new members.

I’d think all switches would need changed. You can’t use traditional 3 or 4 way combined with a smart switch.
You may need a smart switch “master” and a number of “slave” switches that pair with the the master.
I have seen many a DIY installed smart switch fried because homeowner connected the 12v signal line directly to mains voltage.
No bang, but the unmissable smell of burning electronics.

Reply to Smart Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

My customer wants to be able to switch his heat pump (3.5kW) for his swimming pool on and off remotely, he also wants to be able to set times for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
3 Phase Smart Meter EDMI ES -30 B Install I have a question regarding the potential replacement of my existing EON supplied ELSTER A1140 3...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
I can't seem to find the right answer for a smart switch installation for a light that has THREE switches. There's conflicting information, and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock