Discuss Socket failed safety test mate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

westward10

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
For the last six years we have tested a five pitch caravan park on a farm. First year I rewired between all the meters and switchgear because the Caravan Club rightly condemned it, see pics of my efforts. Only two of the original rcds have been replaced since. This week one of the pitched caravans had an annual health check and whilst the fella was at it he tested the socket and passed the owner a failed mains test report saying there was no earth and dangerous voltage between neutral/earth. I pop in this afternoon as you never know and all tests out fine, rod, rcd, continuity etc... What is going on with people he was an electrician, apparently.
20170831_135743.jpg
20170831_135717.jpg

I can just pic it now "It was that one, you know, that one, the one over there ... " (said as he points vaguely into the distance)

I never met him but he did state it was the pitch socket on the post. I did pick up a vague 1.4v between neutral earth but that isn't uncommon on TT to pick up voltage there. Don't know what sort of leccy he was but it was some kind of caravan company so they must expect TT surely.

Reply to Socket failed safety test mate. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was watching one of the SparkNinja videos recently on (I think) earthing and bonding and in the related chat they mentioned doing an inspection...
Replies
Views
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys. Here's a good one for you, to rack the techies brains out there. Any views on the following please? By the way I'm NICEIC approved, Q.S...
Replies
Views
P
Hi Guys Did a small job in a house - one additional socket. Then did an RCD test - x1 (240 mSec) and x5 failed miserably. did the test a couple...
Replies
Views
SPARTYKUS
S
Please take some time to read through this. It is written by Widdler's father. I found it on a governement website.. It certainly speaks my mind...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock