Discuss socket in loft in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

still learning.

hi, if a customer wants a socket putting in the loft but they don't want there new wallpaper damaged could I drill out the wall at the back of the socket and take the cable (2.5mm 2 core + earth) outside and clip direct the to wall up to the loft?

hi, I'm not actually doing a job like that but I thought I would ask the question because a neighbour has his own business fitting areals normal,digital and sky and he said sometimes when he does a job they need a socket in the loft and he would put the business my way, would this be 3 amp? and if clipped direct to an oustide wall would the ovel plastic be ok to protect it?

hi, I'm not actually doing a job like that but I thought I would ask the question because a neighbour has his own business fitting areals normal,digital and sky and he said sometimes when he does a job they need a socket in the loft and he would put the business my way, would this be 3 amp? and if clipped direct to an oustide wall would the ovel plastic be ok to protect it?

Hi if its for an ariel u can take it straight off of the lighting ciruit in the loft its a piece of cake, maybe install a 5a socket so that no one can mis use socket or install a spur and fuse it down

agreed with ezzzekiel

get some rubber 2.5 three core cable!! or if useing t&e just clip bit of plastic conduit and some stop ends to cover where you drill into wall and run cable in that

he asked about a socket in loft...! never specified what for until prompted by other members.. but unless its only used for TV amp then yes lights fine but for any thing else i was just elaborating on ezzzekiel comment about how to clip on outside of property

he asked about a socket in loft...! never specified what for until prompted by other members.. but unless its only used for TV amp then yes lights fine but for any thing else i was just elaborating on ezzzekiel comment about how to clip on outside of property

He did specify before your post thats why i commented , thats all ,,

if its for a amp don't forget to put lable on cu to say amp on lighting & location just incase some other poor sparky comes out to do a pir or rcd keeps tripping and its the amp false reading do are heads in and looking in voids and lofts is not a nice job lol ... good luck with the wiring job ..

Reply to socket in loft in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net