Discuss solar cowboys report or not in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As I only have a little understanding on this, and smile when all you sparkies quote the regs, you do know your stuff..
Let me ask a simple question on this, as this is the point that I think some are missing; Which is the supply end of this 6mm cable, the 100amp mains fuse, or the 63A RCD with MCB's fitted?

Supply end is the 100A fuse, and I'll quote another reg:

712.537.2.2.1 ".. the public supply shall be considered the source and the PV installation shall be the load"

Some interesting points here,i personally would use the henley block and meter tails method.Years ago an old gaffer of mine used to tell us to connect the feed of the fire alarm circuits straight into the connection of the meter tails and then to a spur, this would cut the risk of anyone turning it off or tripping out (probably before battery backups were any good). I used to think this was never right but this bloke did know his oinions and have since seen this on many old fire alarms. So basically its the same situation that youve got here. Good Debate.

Reply to solar cowboys report or not in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

ELECSA Certification Scheme Regulations Clarification (ELECSA Assesment)
Hi All, I have my ELECSA assessment in a few weeks time. I was going to install an in-line water heater at a friends house but am now considering...
Replies
Views
H
Hi All, I have just had a PV install done on my property this week and reading some of the posts here and the MCS guidlines, etc. I am now a...
Replies
Views
Earthstore
E
Hi, I have a job to connect up a Single phase sunbed in a salon. I have telephone the manufacturer for the spec of the sunbed. They have told...
Replies
Views
Interesting discussion today with WPD, (My favourite DN0 :) ) with regards to extending an existing 3.68kW system. One pole, two overhead wires...
Replies
Views
Ian-LS
I
T
Hi, I am currently helping out with some outside arena lighting and have a dilemma to consider. Basically the issue is the first of eight...
Replies
Views
TarkMalbot
T

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock