Discuss Solar still good tomorrow in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Indeed....we're working on something at the moment that provides "smart power control/switching" and there's only going to be more and more focus, and solutions, around this side of the equation as we move forward I reckon. You've only got to look at the early adopter efforts for excess generation "dumping" to local loads or thermal stores to see that it's a worthwhile battle to find the right solution for the job.

It can't come fast enough. I want to log everything so I can turn things off overnight when they are not needed and turn them on when they are likely to be needed. Then obviously if possible detect when noone is in and turn them off again...

why de-comission when your not getting fits payments ????

I think you confused with planning permission to remove asap if they are not in use.

also If you buy quality solar panels they will last 35-40 years.

As a customer I agree with SRE. I want more control of my electricity use. Got Solar PV now and happy with it (or would be if it would stop sodding raining :bigcry: ) but now I want more control of all my gizmos and struggling with that. Someone needs to do a decent simple range of easily fit-table consumer energy monitoring/logging devices that allow everyone greater control. We need smart sockets, trailing sockets and other electrical goodies now and not 20 years from now. Ah well back to the search.

Try plugwise

Panels = Yingli or Panasonic
Inverter = Steca 3600 , SMA or Solar edge.

anyone can sell cheap materials to offer low prices but we have decided to sell quality products so our customers have a system they can trust.

because like we said

spend 6400 on cheap panels and an installer who will ride off into the sunset. (look at all the problem post from people who have bought CHEAP systems bet they all poly with a cheap inverter)

or spend a few quid more on TOP quality trusted brands that will last a lifetime with an installer that cares about their customers.

Reply to Solar still good tomorrow in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net