Discuss Special Delivery failure with FIT application in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

Ian Falshaw

I am trying to find other people adversely affected by the failure of Royal Mail's Special Delivery "service" to deliver a FIT application to EDF prior to the 3 March 2012 deadline. I would appreciate hearing from any one in this position.

I used special delivery and it got there ok, but it didn't confirm on the website for 2 days and i got a bit nervy. I had a few days left to play with and would have delivered by hand if it came to it.

I do remember being given the option of consequential loss insurance (upto 10k I think). If that option was taken out I think a claim should be considered for the lost fit payments.

Oh yeah, I emailed and faxed as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There,

Yep in the same position. Posted with Special Delivery, but delivery delayed and arrived early on 3rd March. But EDF are being particularly intransigent and won't accept this. Considering legal action as Scottish and Southern power have accepted delayed applications arriving on 5th March which seems hugely unfair

That's pretty harsh of EDF especially given they are currently still working through December applications, so will be another few months before they even start on the March pile!!!

Hi There,

Yep in the same position. Posted with Special Delivery, but delivery delayed and arrived early on 3rd March. But EDF are being particularly intransigent and won't accept this. Considering legal action as Scottish and Southern power have accepted delayed applications arriving on 5th March which seems hugely unfair
My most recent post was intended for yourself if you are interested. Thanks.

I am trying to find other people adversely affected by the failure of Royal Mail's Special Delivery "service" to deliver a FIT application to EDF prior to the 3 March 2012 deadline. I would appreciate hearing from any one in this position.

Hi Ian
Royal mail also failed to deliver my application on time.I went through their claims department and got no joy
.Have you done anything else about it or just took it on the chin.

Reply to Special Delivery failure with FIT application in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net