Discuss star delta starter in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

danbadger

Hi. There is a 60 amp 3 phase supply and a company has said they will to put in a star delta motor starter (55kw) which will run a gear box(55kw) that needs to be tested i do not know if the gearbox runs at 55kw continuosly , is this possible or would it be better to run a new supply? thanks

As Bugsy said.....more info required?
Just to give you a bit of an idea,we have a compressor at work which has a 30kw motor on a star/delta setup and is supplied by 63amp HRC fuses motor rated to 100amp.
The supply will be too small if your connecting a 60amp 3-phase supply to a 55kw motor....on a star/delta setup
Is this the case...:confused:

Also be careful when selecting type of MCB or HRC fuse protecting a motor circuit.... due to start up / high inrush current.

Last edited:

Reply to star delta starter in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Changing a 3 phase star delta motor and replacing with a dol 3 phase motor. Would i be right in thinking I can remove 3 of the 6 cables at...
Replies
Views
Heeelp! I have an 11kW/21A motor which is attached to a hydraulic power pack. I have replaced the old panels with new, using the same star delta...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, We have a CNC router which uses single phase for the spindle, stepper motors and control box. This is all wired in and working...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having a problem with a 20 HP pump motor from a hydraulic press to try molds. When we energized the machine, it starts with star...
Replies
Views
Absolutely losing my brain here guys What I would like to be able to do is power our 3 phase motor on a single phase supply. Thought I had it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock