Discuss Stolen live 3ph service head !!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

JD6400

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
i0000010.jpg
Well it is a first for me!
Sent one of the lads out this morning to connect a couple of welfare cabins on a site in the centre of the village where our office is , and he phoned up saying that all we have is a live service cable just sitting in the box !?
This is the photo I received

i0000010.jpg

View attachment 46918
Well it is a first for me!
Sent one of the lads out this morning to connect a couple of welfare cabins on a site in the centre of the village where our office is , and he phoned up saying that all we have is a live service cable just sitting in the box !?
This is the photo I received

View attachment 46919
No clues as to who did or didn't do anything? Need to isolate that PDQ safely I may add.

No clues as to who did or didn't do anything? Need to isolate that PDQ safely I may add.
Well Pete, I am not a betting man but would be willing to guess it is now on a TT supply and a 16a hook up
It was connected before we knocked off last year.
In fairness it didn't take long for them to attend site and rectify , just glad one of the brickies had not attempted to sort it out .

The box has been mounted upside down.... look at the stickers.

Was this live during the holiday, or had there been a power shut off period when this is likely to have happened?

The box has been mounted upside down.... look at the stickers.

Was this live during the holiday, or had there been a power shut off period when this is likely to have happened?
No live at all times
The site is in the middle of the village totally open and with 7 houses within 20m of the box which is in plain line of site just of the road !

We have a horrendous problem with certain members of the transient community at the moment in the area, they had my van over just a month ago at 7pm in the local town square with a good 30 people walking by , that cost £7000.

No live at all times
The site is in the middle of the village totally open and with 7 houses within 20m of the box which is in plain line of site just of the road !

We have a horrendous problem with certain members of the transient community at the moment in the area, they had my van over just a month ago at 7pm in the local town square with a good 30 people walking by , that cost £7000.
Transient Community, now that's an apt description if ever I heard one.

Well Pete, I am not a betting man but would be willing to guess it is now on a TT supply and a 16a hook up
It was connected before we knocked off last year.
In fairness it didn't take long for them to attend site and rectify , just glad one of the brickies had not attempted to sort it out .
That would’ve stumped a builder...blue to blue brown to ummmmmmmm.....

Ahh, I mis read what was missing.
Why would someone steal that??

Someone who has access to a supply, maybe one running across a field either under or over, and wants to run a load off it without tripping the upstream fuses and drawing attention to themselves.
Fitting a cutout with fuses would give them some protection, maybe.
Of course they may also think that fitting a 3ph cutout to a single phase supply will give them 3 ph.

It would be nice to know the future of that service head and it’s consequences but unless the crispy critter make it to the ‘local rag’, we’ll never know!

Reply to Stolen live 3ph service head !!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net