Currently reading:
Storage wall heaters

Discuss Storage wall heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I need to put some storage heaters in a large room. It's around 50 square meters.

Energy efficiency is my number one priority. What is the leading energy efficient technology when it comes to wall heaters?

Last time I fitted some, infrared was the leading form

It's the advent of battery storage that'll flatten the graph of peak/off peak prices. EVs are part of this already, but the big changes will come when there is widespread use of grid battery systems. It's all new and rapidly evolving technology... but I think the favourite system uses tanks of fluid of some sort, not lithium as we often think of batteries now.

The ability to store large amounts of electricity could also make PV economically viable.
Tanks of liquid air, basically it's air compressed to liquid form at -196°C when needed it boils off and it expands to drive a turbine
Can't find how efficient this might be in terms of the electricity used v's electricity produced

These are benefits from ceiling mounting:
1. The system is less visually obtrusive
2. Even if you can't get access to run the cables above it, trunking is less of a problem
3. The panels are less prone to accidental damage, such as someone pushing a chair back against a wall-mounted panel.
4. Where some users may be less able, keeping the heater panels out of touch can be a consideration.
5. The "heat" radiated from the panels is directed at the solid walls and floor, which is where the efficiency is best.
6. Not having heaters and cabling mounted on the walls leaves the walls clear and makes it easier to clean the room.
7. Those using the room who are follically-challenged will benefit from the heat from above! This allows you to run the system a couple of degrees lower.

Does it have to be a specific type of heater to be cieling mounted or can most panel heaters be cieling mounted?

I'm not sure if all types can be ceiling mounted, but the ones i investigated could be.
FYI, I finally settled on the select range from Herschel. They use a mounting plate which is suitable for wall or ceiling mounting...it takes a bit of practice, and I had assistance with the large panels, but the smaller ones were fine.

IMG_5746.JPG

Here's a pic of the heater panels in situ, obviously the grey panels between the LED panels

Reply to Storage wall heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back