Discuss Strange outbuilding/pv set up..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

bigspark17

-
Arms
Reaction score
Went to see a job where pv pannels have been installed on a large outbuilding, 10mm 3c swa sub ran in to pv isolator/inverter set up, submain supplied off 32A mcb. Seems ok, but the installers left what was already feeding the outbuilding an old 10mm t&e overhead which is now laying on the ground 40m run. My question is could i use the 10mm swa to feed a cu in shed (& shed circuits) then re feed isolator thus leaving the t&e on floor redundant & can be done away with. Loading in the shed is very minimal led strip lights & few general sockets mainly used for shearing once a year. Short of clamping the circuit, how can i veryify i wont overload the circuit. I dont deal with pv as is clear by now im sure. Am i missing something.

Within last 6 months! My thoughts too. Cant really see a problem ripping out old t&e sub then feeding pv ac isolator with 32A supply from shed new cu. surely if the panels are producing then wouldn't the shed circuits use this as appose to drawing from grid, or am i wrong?
This is why imo battery bank storage of pv would be possibly more valuable to customer instead of being grid tied.

I see no reason why it cannot be reconfigured, you could upgrade the 32A sub supply mcb and resupply from the shed CU. Where is the inverter.

I think you should consult the pv installers because if the inverter goes pear shaped they may not uphold any warranty if you have reconfigured the original set up.

Good advice @westward10. The pv installers installed the swa new just for the panels in its own trench knowing about the t&e on the floor, the farmer asked them can i get rid of the t&e now but they said no this cable is just for pv,but i suspect as they were on a price they wanted to get in and out! Will post back when i get back to site for a closer look.

You may be able to get approval from the installers...but be quick,if they did it 6 months ago,they likely have folded and changed names twice already :rolleyes:

Reply to Strange outbuilding/pv set up..... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net