Discuss Stripping 16sq t+e and sheathed singles in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mikegh

Esteemed
Reaction score
What's the best method for stripping the sheath off 16sq t+e and 16sq sheathed singles

Both with the grey sheath

Have my own method but just want other opinions

Never had to do 16mm T&E but for typical sizes to 6mm or so the CK automatic strippers work well. Just they tend to attack your palms if not careful due to the utterly useless crimp "feature" there.

Otherwise a lot of care and sharp knife works for most cables.

cut cable int 18"" lengths, grip 1 end in bench vice. slice off sheath with electrician's knife,syanley, or similar, cutting away from you. then repeat for primary insulation.

True....but you've got to get at them first.
Good knife against the cpc, push away and pull one stripped side.
Then it's the singles. Fasten in a vice and strip away.
Strip very carefully, vice my backside

What are you talking about? If you vice it it's solid and steady, giving you both hands to work safely.
what on site a vice get real Mate, OK IN a workshop when being judged by some NICEIC bod but in real life??????

what on site a vice get real Mate, OK IN a workshop when being judged by some NICEIC bod but in real life??????
What ARE you talking about, Pete?
I know where I'd strip cable for scrap and it's not on site......unless it's allowed, there's plenty room, a vice and RAMS prepared for it.?
Gawd, man!

pete.op is on about stripping for scrap. not stripping ends for termination.

Stripping on the job will get you in trouble ?
Unless you offer extra services of course!
Mind you it has been warm today!!

I use an electricians knife most of the time, but have found the Knipex ergostrip good for the singles and inner cores of the t&e!

Reply to Stripping 16sq t+e and sheathed singles in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net