Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Sunlight activated switch in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. swimr

swimr Guest

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a simple automatic switch that is sensitive to when the sun is shining?

I have a d.i.y swimming pool with black pipe solar collector, It is hard for me to estimate what the days weather is gonna be like before I go off and work. A simple automatic switch that was sensitive to the sunshine would solve the problem by running the pump ony when its hot...

I can buy more complicated systems that switch the pump on when the water in the collector is hot, however these cost £400 plus and I can't justify that price..

many thanks

2. rumrunner

rumrunner Guest

Hi ,Why not just use a temp controler and a thermocouple.,you can set it up however you like then .and for a lot less than 400 quid
    atvbitwww

3. mpj111

mpj111 EF Member

do few market search, there are lot of bits and pieces available in the market for lot less than 50$.
    Temperature sensitive switchn light sensitive switch, pressure switch etc.
    bit of technical thinking can do some assembling to get what you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.