Discuss Supply seals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sedgy34

The electricity supplier dont like seals to be cut but you know what they started fitting a DP isolator so there was means of mains siolation for the sparky its called HEALTH AND SAFETY they thought they could prosecute if we cut there seals and didnt call them and pay to have them re sealed.
so my question is has anyone paid for a re seal of suppliers equipment

No, I don't have the time to waste.
However, if I come across a fuse that has a seal missing on one of my jobs, I will replace it so that the customer (or child etc) does not accidentally play with or tamper it. The only difference is I dont have a serial number on the punch and anvil of the tool.

No...!

i called them up recently and told them I PULLED THE FUSE!!! though...!

they were fine about it and so was the chap who came out from revenue protection... he even offered to give me some L-N cable ties for tails....

what we used to do, before all this H&S nonsense came in, was to isolate installation with the main switch in the CU, remove the tails, one at a time from the CU live. put live tails into henley blocks. and get on with thr rewire/CU change, fitting 16mm or 25mm tails from blocks to CU, leaving them long enough to reach the meter,then, if needed, contact DNO ( who was, then, the supplier as well, before deregulation) to upgrade the tails from the meter.

I used to be an MEB electrician, broke seals did work on meters etc and resealed. Now i am not allowed to do it!

It has got to be left to the meter guys. In my experience the meter guys were failed electricians!

No...!

i called them up recently and told them I PULLED THE FUSE!!! though...!

they were fine about it and so was the chap who came out from revenue protection... he even offered to give me some L-N cable ties for tails....

LOL, revenue protection, you mean they actually come out to site, no chance!

LOL, revenue protection, you mean they actually come out to site, no chance!

yeah nice chap!! had a laugh and joke as well, met him on another job as well few months back (get to look after some right good property me)

got the office direct dial number now if i ever need help or advice.!

Had a guy from Eon come out to fit a DP isolator on a supply ready for a CU change the other day. Really nice bloke, did everything I asked with no fuss. I asked if it was best to pull a fuse on a "dangerous" CU and give them a call afterwards. He said that sounded like a really good idea as H&S was paramount...

Reply to Supply seals in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net