Discuss Surface temperature of lamps and chassis on gu10 5w leds in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

a lot cooler. you could try measuring with one of them laser temperature meters. the difference is slightly warm for LED to too hot to touch for halogen.

The general maximum temperature you might see on the outside of an LED lamp is about 70 deg C, halogens run at about 500 deg C internally and somewhat cooler outside.
LEDs must be cooled efficiently to work without burning out so the outside of the lamp should be the heat sink for the LEDs inside.
In practice the LEDS do not get too hot to handle (less than 50/60 deg C) when in use, when talking about GU10s.

Thanks for the response. Very helpful.
The reason I asked about lamp and the chassis was that I wondered if the the conical part behind the lamp would get very hot via the heat sink action.

Reply to Surface temperature of lamps and chassis on gu10 5w leds in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Can I use multiple GU10 led lamps with their own PIR sensors in the same room? I have a row of existing lamps 600mm apart in a straight line & I...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm not sure if I'm over thinking this, but I can't seem to find the answer to what I believe should be a simple question. I picked up...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I hope it's ok to post here but I have a job lot of lighting from a job and I'd like to sell them. They are all still boxed and have...
Replies
Views
Hi I currently have 4 led bulbs in the bathroom and 3 of them arent working. The bulbs that are currently in are LOMAS LED GU10 220-240V 6000k 6w...
Replies
Views
I've been asked by a client to 'mask off' the green LED charging indictor lamps within several emergency lights fitted within bedrooms on a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock