Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Swapping Gas Fires for Electric Fires ? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SuperNick1980

SuperNick1980 Guest

Apologies for the lack of information, but thought I would ask for some expert advice on swapping 2 x gas fires for 2 x electric fires in my 1 x bedroom flat (one in the lounge and one in the bedroom).

I know electric fires are more expensive to run and can make the air in the room dry but have considered it.

Would this make a difference to the load (ie increased) ?

Any advice for and against would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. fetamy

fetamy Guest

Hi Supernike!

You want to know what advantages you will get? Or just want to know about the load. Electric fireplaces of modern styles are coming with a lot of benefits and energy saving systems. It can be a good option for an ambiance. It uses 350 to 3000 watts of power.

3. kingeri

kingeri Electrician's Arms

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit.............just seen the date on the OP. fetamy........please don't dredge up old pointless threads for no reason!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. Guest111

Guest111 Guest

If you are going to go down the electric route,what do you use for cooking and hot water?If you heat water with electric and cook with electric then by doing away with gas altogether then you would save on the standing charge if you went all electric and had the gas meter removed,however if you use gas for cooking and hot water then I would stay with gas fires as electric can work out expensive for heating,especially as it won't be on economy 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.