Discuss Telephone Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Old Jag Lover

My oldest daughter used a thumper to find a fault in an u/g cable that failed with watertrees,too bad there were two 400 pair telephone cables and 4 fibre broadband cables nearby,Telstra were not amused old lady thought Al Qaeda had arrived.

think she must have found some of them magic mushrooms as well.

My oldest daughter used a thumper to find a fault in an u/g cable that failed with watertrees,too bad there were two 400 pair telephone cables and 4 fibre broadband cables nearby,Telstra were not amused old lady thought Al Qaeda had arrived.

Huh!!

That's nothing.

Wor lass went to work this morning, did the shopping on her way home, put the shopping away when she arrived home then made my tea and is now scrubbing the bog.

i think this is the same guy that used to send messages to a radio station. they read them out, made no sense, we found them funny

A thumper is a device that charges up a large capacitor sometimes as much as 60kv dc at 1 farad,to find a short the thumper produces an echo time delay then used to find where the cable is faulty.

Dont knock him... The powers that be are wanting people to post... they dont care what we post, as long as we do... Good on you Old Jag Lover, keep up the good work :)

Yeah I am warming to the guy, he is bonkers, that means he will fit in perfectly around here, he has not mentioned part p or the ashes once and has had me in stitches every time he posts, about time he was given arms status lol.

Obviously you people don't know what a thumper is you just dig the street up usually just after it has been retarred.....

ive been on site to see a thumper try and blow clear a intermitant cable fault under a motorway
it failed miserably and we ended up trenching out the slip road in the end.

brains over braun as they say.

And thats why they have added Mr Bull to Peppa Pig...

Yeah I am warming to the guy, he is bonkers, that means he will fit in perfectly around here, he has not mentioned part p or the ashes once and has had me in stitches every time he posts, about time he was given arms status lol.

Arms Status??

The bloke's enough of a crackpot to be given at least Admin or even Dan Status. ;)

Reply to Telephone Cables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net