Discuss test sheets in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sid578

hi.have started with a large firm who are members of select..the job varies from new installs to minor circuit alterations..the question i have is alot of sparks are doing work but no test sheet are being done,and the rest of us are doing them..when i asked the foreman i was told to mind my own buisness....i always thought test sheets where mandatory or am i mistaken

if by doing test sheets you mean filling in certificates in compliance with BS7671 of design similar to Appendix 6 then you would be right.

i have seen similar to this before at a large factory in birmingham where i delivered a regs course to their sparks. They all were under the impression their work did not need to be properly commissioned as it was in their controlled environment.

You say Select so I take it you are based in Scotland remember we dont have Part P

i no we dont have part p, but i was under the impression that every new/altered circuit needs a test certificate to comply.the work that i am doing is in private rented houses.

Reply to test sheets in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area Firstly, If you've got any questions about the am2s fire away whilst it's still fresh I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi I know I have to do more testing but I just want to see if there is something I’m missing. Customer said light fitting in the loft was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently training thru a company called tradestech, not very impressed so far, I was told that within 6 months I'd be able to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Current situation is - Adult learner (I'm 38 in a few weeks) I have my Level 2&3 (obtained last September) started learning at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock