Discuss the game is FINISHED in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

tanna

I think it's safe to say that the game is absolutley finished and will never get any better. Low pay compared to other trades , firms expecting blood from you , these young kids becoming engineers without enough on site experience who only know how to read of a drawing, health and Saftey officers who have just come fresh out of university and have never walked on a building site in their life,more and more pricks who ain't got a clue running jobs, the list goes on and on an if I knew back then what I know now I would never have become an electrician , the game has absolutley had it, the good days are well and truley gone

Ever thought of manning the phone lines at the samaritans

Hahaha, to be honest today was ok, just had enougth, Sparks where earning the same if not more in the 80s and 90s. Just think we are skilled tradesman, there are a lot of chancers out there as well, that are having the **** taken out of us now, can anyone see it getting any better??

Really glad there's new blood coming in and gaining experience as they go along. How else do people learn?! Think it's maybe time you called it a day and worked in b&q. I'm 30 and have 10 years post apprenticeship experience in various factors of the industry and other industries. I don't know everything nowhere near it. I know absolutely nothing about pv. I've never worked in it. Very limited in HV as well but I'm very willing to learn and if given the opportunity will pick up as much as I can! How about a bit of optimism instead of pessimism!

Things are on the up....as for quick course sparks, well their lake of experience soon shows.....the old saying, of one complaint can cost you 10 customers, is so true...I love going to jobs were guys have messed up, and putting it all right, get a real kick out of it.

Got to admit after 40 years in game I have pretty much had enough and agree with the op it has gone down the pan, B&Q beckons. Think its about time to leave it to the younger lads to get on with it.

Not against anyone learning, I'm all for that, but get the experience first on the job so you know where the work force is coming from. Half these muppets ain't got a clue. I got people coming out with methodology reports and all this crap, what is all that about. As for working in b and q that's exactly what I plan to do when I get near retirement mate, nice easy little number local where I ain't got no muppet asking me stupid questions as to why I have not first fixed conduits to a wall that is not even built yet . Listen I have not done bad out of sparking, but I have to work nearly evry weekend, I'm 30 like your self, my knee Is completely ruined from injury at work, two operations totalling to 8 months out of work, no sick pay, hardly get to spend time with the kids cos have to work most if the time, now u got firms saying 8-5 on a Saturday for flat money, get real mate, I think there's good times ahead, ur on another planet mate unless u got that special thing thy seems to get people far in life .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah tazz I always seem to be putting people work right, people that are earning the same and getting away with it, that's why it seems the more crap you talk the better of you are. I have seen the building game gone to pieces in the space of 15 years, to think I got about 25 years - 30 years of it left is worrying, if I didn't have a mortgage and children I would no question look into something else now

Not at all mate if your 30 and disillusioned with it all then it's maybe a different career for you. Personally I work as much as I can just now so that I can make things more comfortable for me and my family. Like yourself I work most weekends but take faith in the fact that I am in a good job when so many people aren't or are in low paying jobs. I'll be straight with you bud I get over £14 an hour working for a big company in Scotland. Get time and a half anytime out of my 40 hours flat rates. I travel an hour everyday to work in edinburgh in a company van. I am completely happy and enthusiastic about my future in the industry. I never meant any offence with my comments just can't be bothered with all the negativity. If people aren't happy where they are then make the change to something better

Well first, I would like you to keep your language toned down....and the industry is how it is, market it or leave it, Im touching 50, but not going to give up yet.

Hahaha , tazz and big dave, you sound like the type of people that are bringing the industry down mate. I could be on here all night ranting And I know that 90% of the decent sparks out there would agree with me

We will leave it at a difference of opinion then chief. Good luck to you man. Hope you sort it all out and manage to find a bit of stability.

I'm hearing from other people I know that 130 a day is very common now, 8-5, including travel fare coming out of that then tax. You think that's acceptable with the knowledge we are meant to gain over the years. Better of In b and q if that's the way it's going

Hahaha , tazz and big dave, you sound like the type of people that are bringing the industry down mate. I could be on here all night ranting And I know that 90% of the decent sparks out there would agree with me

Find this hard to believe.....your in one the best areas in the UK for work...Essex has more nursing homes, schools and business than any other county, yet your moaning.????.....You try moving up North...some guys there a really finding it hard.

If you don't like the rates of pay offered by employers in your area why not take the jump and become self employed? That way you can decide how much your 8 hour day is worth.

Reply to the game is FINISHED in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net