Discuss The German Crash.. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The german situation is slightly different to ours though in that they have now pretty much reached capacity on PV with production often exceeding demand.
In this country we don't produce enough for our needs and have to import electricity from abroad and have power outages in industry.

It says the current average for a roof top system is 1,850 euros/kw in gernmany, so a smoke pack calculation gives me £6,166 GBP for a 4kw, which is getting close to our current UK pricing, which also means it looks unlikly their will be large price decreases such as we saw last year, which then puts the governments FIT rates as way too low, but then we knew that!

I just thought that it was an interesting article, when you look at Germany they produce a lot of their own panels etc and I know they can export them, but they tend to be pricey and I suppose it was just the overall knock on effect to the German economy. I suppose you could say another own goal just like Barker's but I just think it is going to effect Germany a lot and it makes us look like minos in comparison.

No chance - on a barn roof working off a ladder ! Let's not chase the Market down just gives the DECC justification for another FIT cut. There is a point at which pv business isn't viable.

No chance - on a barn roof working off a ladder ! Let's not chase the Market down just gives the DECC justification for another FIT cut. There is a point at which pv business isn't viable.

By the looks of things thats not to far away..the cake is only so big ..sadly..

Well, that's exactly how they do work. Scaffolding? Never heard off!
But to be honest our H&S is gone barking mad! If the money spent on H&S would be spent on better training (I mean proper apprenticeships and not the modern rubbish) we wouldn't have to wrap everybody in bubble wrap because they are not aware of the dangers around them.
When I came originally to this country I loved the relaxed attitude over here and that everybody could proof himself, even without the relevant paperwork but I'm getting more and more the feeling that this country has now become worse than Germany has ever been.
This is only my opinion and I don't expect you guys to share it
Regards

Well I definitely share it , and would venture to say those that don't must not live here , or either have a bloody tall ivory tower !

that price is based on average rooftop installation. which in germany is significantly more than 4kwp. in the UK the take up has been predominately domestic . most installs are 0-4kwp. i understand the price for a 4kwp in germany is actually higher than we are currently seeing advertised around the uk.

Id agree with Jupestar, Germany is more aimed at commercials they use the most power during the day, sure many of you have seen Freiburg FC and Mainz FC's football stadium the roof is full of panels.

Reply to The German Crash.. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net