Discuss Time served electrician ECS card in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

graann

Hi,
Can anybody help me out as it will be appreciated.
I am a time served electrician which I completed in 1974.
I have been in various industries but never as a contractor.

I have the following qualifications (all C.G.L.I)

B cert , C cert , Elec Technicians Parts 2 and 3 , Full Technological Certificates in Electrical Installation and Electrical Technicians , Electronic Sevicing 2240 Parts 1 and 2 , 16th and 17th edition , 2391 testing and inspection.

A few of the companies I have worked for are no longer around so getting a reference will be impossible.

I will be made redundant shortly so want a ECS card to go on a construction site.

I have all my certificates and deeds of apprenticeship.

Wil I be able to get an Electricians ECS card ok ?

Thanks
Graham

no problem. contact ECA for details of where you can do it. don't cost much either.

wye aye, your more than qualified for a card graham. i would speak to jib (or visit the website) about grading though as you may be an approved elec or technician. you will have to do an easy common sense multiple choice h&s exam which you will have to book, complete and include in your application. there is one complication tho, they do ask for an nvq3 now aswell, which if you dont have you will be given provisional grading until completed. but if you speak to them and explain your quals and experience im sure they will approve you over someone with a supervised years worth of xp! hope that helps

no problem. contact ECA for details of where you can do it. don't cost much either.

Ta, I have already applied to do the health and safety assessment to speed things along but just want to know if I will have any problems regarding my ECS card application when I subnit it with my safety assessment certificate.

Thanks
Graham

wye aye, your more than qualified for a card graham. i would speak to jib (or visit the website) about grading though as you may be an approved elec or technician. you will have to do an easy common sense multiple choice h&s exam which you will have to book, complete and include in your application. there is one complication tho, they do ask for an nvq3 now aswell, which if you dont have you will be given provisional grading until completed. but if you speak to them and explain your quals and experience im sure they will approve you over someone with a supervised years worth of xp! hope that helps

Many thanks for that.
I am a bit cocerned about my lack of employers who can supply references as most are no longer around.
Any advice appreciated.

Graham

Unfortunately, I am unable to answer the question, however I would be very interested in finding out whether you do have any problems obtaining a card, and what grade you receive.
My understanding, is that an NVQ3 is now required to obtain anything higher than a trainee card. Allthough I have heard of people getting round this by providing references.
I have also heard that there are Grandfather rights for people who took the 2360 before a certain year?
Myself I have the grade of Installation Electrician, and I obtained the card about 6 years ago. Just comming up to my second renewal.
I didn't have any trouble obtaining the card or grading, although I do not have the NVQ3. I had at the time 2360 1&2 and 2381. I have the AM2, but do not think I supplied a copy to the JIB.

Unfortunately, I am unable to answer the question, however I would be very interested in finding out whether you do have any problems obtaining a card, and what grade you receive.
My understanding, is that an NVQ3 is now required to obtain anything higher than a trainee card. Allthough I have heard of people getting round this by providing references.
I have also heard that there are Grandfather rights for people who took the 2360 before a certain year?
Myself I have the grade of Installation Electrician, and I obtained the card about 6 years ago. Just comming up to my second renewal.
I didn't have any trouble obtaining the card or grading, although I do not have the NVQ3. I had at the time 2360 1&2 and 2381. I have the AM2, but do not think I supplied a copy to the JIB.

Thanks for your help.
Anyone with any more advice is much appreciated.

Graham

Hi,
Sent off apprenticeship details 1970 - 1974, copies of B and C certs,Electrical Technicians Parts 2 and 3, 17th edition, 2391,references from employer from 1976 - 1985, 1992 - 2000 2002 - 2011 , letter from my employer for JIB grade.
ECS card Maintenance Electrician snd Marine Electrician, JIB grade ; Maintenance Technician.

When you pass the AM2 the details get sent straight to the JIB

If the JIB give you a an adult trainee card, I would suggest doing the AM2

Hi,
Sent off apprenticeship details 1970 - 1974, copies of B and C certs,Electrical Technicians Parts 2 and 3, 17th edition, 2391,references from employer from 1976 - 1985, 1992 - 2000 2002 - 2011 , letter from my employer for JIB grade.
ECS card Maintenance Electrician snd Marine Electrician, JIB grade ; Maintenance Technician.
Excellent news.

Reply to Time served electrician ECS card in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net